4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2014 2:46 PM by A.T. Romano

effects mask trying to blur out subject ruins my neat video of the clip puts it in the blur spot?

norman sands photography

I am new to video editing I have an interview that had terrible noise. So I purchased neat video plug in. I used the plug in on the clip. then when i try to use a effects mask to blur me out of the interview it puts the noise reduction in the effects mask also. I know I must be doing something basic wrong !

Can anyone help me please!

I am grateful for any help!

Thanks

Norman Sands

• 1. Re: effects mask trying to blur out subject ruins my neat video of the clip puts it in the blur spot?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

norman sands photography

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

For the moment I will assume that you are using Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

I do not have Neat Video Filter, but if I apply fx Effects/Advanced Adjustments/Channel Mixer to the selected

clip (my attempted counterpart of your Neat Video Filter), and then aim for Clip Menu/Effects Mask, the minute

I hit Apply, the clip loses the Channel Mixer effect.

So far, I have tried some variations but the only one that is working for me right now with regard to what you seek

is

a. Apply the Neat Video Filter to your clip.

b. Export that Timeline clip in a format compatible with the project.

c. Import the exported clip back into the project and then apply the Effects Mask to

which you apply the Gaussian Blur effect.

I will explore some more ideas shortly.

I am not sure of what you are seeing when you wrote

I used the plug in on the clip. then when i try to use a effects mask to blur me out of the interview it puts the noise reduction in the effects mask also.

Please review my blog post on About Effects Mask

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: About Effects Mask

Then we will be can put together in the way to a solution/workaround to your specific issue. If necessary I will download

and install the Neat Video Filter for my tests.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: effects mask trying to blur out subject ruins my neat video of the clip puts it in the blur spot?
            norman sands photography Level 1

Thank you I am new to video.

I am using elements 12 windows 8.1 and i7 chip with 32gb

what is the best quality and file type to save in if I am going to import it again dont want to create more noise

• 3. Re: effects mask trying to blur out subject ruins my neat video of the clip puts it in the blur spot?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

norman sands photography

Determine the project preset of the project that you are in with this file.....See Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if the fields appear to be grayed out). From that information, you can determine at what the project preset was set. I will help you interpret that information if needed.

Project preset considerations can be found in

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Accuracy of Automatic Project Preset (New Project Dialog) Setting

Important that the project preset should match the properties of the source media.

If you have 1080p source (1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second)

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p20 @ 29.97

Then look at an export of

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD with Presets = MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p30

Then import that export back into the project that you just exported it from.

Then we can determine if the Neat Video Filter improvement was maintained

through the processing. I can offer more information if source media is different than in the above

example.

In the meanwhile I am exploring other possibilities for getting this job done without having to do

this export - import.

If you need clarification on any of this, please do not hesitate to ask.

ATR

• 4. Re: effects mask trying to blur out subject ruins my neat video of the clip puts it in the blur spot?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

norman sands photography

Not sure if we can get away with the following. I may have to download and install Neat Video Filter, but let us see

1. Use the Effects Mask for your blur to your file Video 1. (have you tried Gaussian Blur as well as Mosaic under fx Effects/Presets).

2. Now select the duplicate file on Video 2, created by the Effects Mask procedure....go to Clip Menu/Ungroup and click on Ungroup.

2. Then apply the Neat Video Filter to the file on Video 1.

Have you tried that variation yet?

More later.

ATR