• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unattended silent uninstall - Creative Cloud - Mac

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just followed the instructions here for an unattended silent uninstall for Adobe Creative Cloud.  (The latest version out today - June 19, 2014)

Using the command line instructions is anything but silent.  It opens the application and prompts the user to 'accept', then make choices.

How can we do this SILENTLY and UNATTENDED so that a remote user doesn't see it happening and is not required to do anything?   The instructions are misleading and thus don't work as expected.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi .

On Mac OS, use the following command:

sudo installer -pkg <uninstall_pkg_name> -target /

When the uninstall is finished, check the install location to see that the applications were removed.

Note: Uninstall packages are not created for update package.

Sarika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI sariko2,

Can you clarify what the <uninstall_pkg_name> is? Is that the uninstaller app in the application's folder, or something else? e.g. Uninstall Adobe Muse CC 2015 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MickLeigh,

I'm not sure that this can even be done for a whole suite without some scripting. Each application has it's own uninstaller package that you can find by right- or control-clicking on the Uninstall... shortcut in each applications's folder. That will take you to a pkg in the /Library/Application Support folder with a name like  {60D034D6-7494-4FB2-AA48-EF453ECB1581}. It's a pkg file but the extension is hidden. I'm assuming that you can use this path/file for the <uninstall_pkg_name>. I'd give the syntax a try interactively in the Terminal before you go much further.

After CS 6, Adobe stopped giving us the ability to uninstall all the applications at once with anything other than the CC Cleaner tool. I don't think the company is particularly concerned about silent installs/uninstalls because no other applications should be open while the installer is running.

Good luck!

Ric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines