5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2014 7:38 AM by Rick Gerard

Help

Juk3r Level 1

Hello, My name is Oudom. Someone from Cambodia. I got a problem. after I copy the Mask path key frame to an object's Position, they goes mess up and I dont know how to fix it. all I want is make my Object follow the Mask path that i animated.ghosthand.jpg I'm not sure how to make it right. plz help

• 1. Re: Help
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Well, you mask path is animated, is it not? This won't work. Only a static mask can serve as a motion path.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Help
            Juk3r Level 1

yeah my mask path is animated. so what can i do to make my other object follows this mask path ? I have no idea

• 3. Re: Help
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It would help if we knew what path you were trying to follow. There is no way to tell what is happening in the frame. If, for example, the hand is moving and you which to attach something to the hand then you would motion track the hand and apply that tracking data to a null and then parent the object to the null. If, on the other hand, the entire arm is moving and you want to make an object move around the outline of the arm then you may want to stabilize the shot, not warp stabilize, so the arm does not move, then add a layer above the arm and draw a mask path on the layer, copy that mask path to the motion path of your object, then use a null and an expression to remove the stabilization and add the movement to the layer above and the object following the path. Without knowing what you are trying to do it is impossible to point you to the best solution.

• 4. Re: Help
                Juk3r Level 1

well i have masked the hand and i have another still image as a background. Im trying to add blood and follow at the edge of the hand that I masked.

• 5. Re: Help
                  Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I would try the stabilize trick used in this video. Stop the movement of the hand as much as you can, do your animation on the stabilized hand, then put the remove the stabilization and add the movement to the animated layer. To be precise, the 'target' in this example would be your animated blood....