6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2014 2:55 PM by Alex Scholl

Trouble with booklet printing -- InDesign CC 2014

AniDee

I'm having trouble printing booklet with new CC 2014. I print to postscript, but then PDF is not correct.  I see it's using Acrobat 8 driver;  how do I change that to Acrobat XI?

• 1. Re: Trouble with booklet printing -- InDesign CC 2014
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You will likely get better program help in a program forum InDesign

The Cloud forum is not about using individual programs

The Cloud forum is about the Cloud as a delivery & install process

If you will start at the Forums Index https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

You will be able to select a forum for the specific Adobe product(s) you use

Click the "down arrow" symbol on the right (where it says All communities) to open the drop down list and scroll

• 3. Re: Trouble with booklet printing -- InDesign CC 2014
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

What, exactly, is incorrect in the PDF?

• 4. Re: Trouble with booklet printing -- InDesign CC 2014
              AniDee Level 1

Peter, I was/am having trouble explaining my trouble, so I am going to tell you what happened to me yesterday... This booklet printing issue started with me uninstalling my old Acrobat 8.... since I run XI Pro -- because it caught my eye, too, that now I, like many other CC users, have three (3) sets of software on my computer. So I got Acrobat 8 uninstalled, but then had to go back to work, and postposed dealing with the other CC program uninstalls. Yes, I am using CC to run my business.... lost 6 hours yesterday trying to cope with computer issues. So, I'm heading into InDesign to print a production file for a 24-page booklet for a client on a deadline, only to find out the ID CC 2014 is still looking for Acrobat 8, or my Epson printer. The only other option in the postscript print menu at that point is "device independent", which does not allow for page setup, hence the pdf (saved from the postscript file) comes out completely wrong. (showing a standard portrait letter page setup for a now landscape ledger size document)

It took me 3 hours of search to find a post from 2012(!) that lead me to believe that if I could install (manually!...never done it before) a pdf9 PPD into the new ID CC 2014 Present folder it might just work. In fact, I had to manually program a brand new version of a software, which I've never done before -- I am not even close to a software engineer.

I still don't understand why ID CC 2014 is not looking/routed to Acrobat Pro. But then the previous CC didn't either. It was running on Acrobat 8 PPD too.

I manually built a 24-page printable booklet yesterday. Lost 6 hours of billable time. (installed pdf9PPD at midnight last night... I'll stay in business.) I see dozens of extensions in Extension Manager for ID CC 2014. Have no idea which one I would need, if any, to fix this issue, or where to install them.

Thanks for listening! And for the follow up.

• 5. Re: Trouble with booklet printing -- InDesign CC 2014
                Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

OK, it sounds like you have the Acrobat 9 PPD installed, which is what you need for printing postscript to distill.

• 6. Re: Trouble with booklet printing -- InDesign CC 2014
                  Alex Scholl

AniDee,

I think I understand your trouble. I usually create a PS file and then use the Distiller to generate the PDF. I was not able to change the page size on InDesign.

Follow the steps in the "Readme" link:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=141

For me it worked.

I copied the PPDs to the indicated places and added a virtual printer. I do not know for sure which of the steps solved my problem, but solved.

Good Luck

Alexandre

iMac 27" 3.5GHz Core i7 end 2013

MAC OS X 10.9.3

Adobe Creative Cloud 2014