4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2014 9:04 AM by JerryPF

Illustrator CC (2014) update failed

JerryPF Level 1

Have tried clicking the Retry button and restarting. Below is the exact error message.

Error message:

Installation failed

Installation encountered an error. Please restart your system and try again.(15)

More information

Exit Code: 15

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR:

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 0 error(s)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 1. Re: Illustrator CC (2014) update failed
          Damonopolisticalitarian Level 1

I had a lot of problems getting some of these 2014 updates to install.  Most of the applications installed properly, but I had errors on both Photoshop and Illustrator CC and CC (2014).  I also had a problem with Bridge, elements and InDesign.  I finally rebooted my computer.  I got failures again on all the same programs.  Then I launched Photoshop CC (2014) just to see if it even worked.  It did launch, but it immediately crashed.  I also launched the failed installation of Illustrator CC (2014) and it did not crash.  But after this, I initiated the updates again individually and each one installed without errors.

Photoshop CC (2014) now shows everything is up to date, but it still immediately crashes as soon as it finishes loading on launch.

Illustrator CC (2014) does not crash on load; I don't know about being active in it.

InDesign CC (2014 does not crash on load; I don't know about being active in it.

I don't know if this same "stab in the dark" method I used will work for you, but I thought I'd share it anyway.  If it works, maybe reply here and tell us whether or not your Photoshop CC (2014) crashes or not.

Edit - Added Information:  Normally, graphics driver updates do not help any problems I have ever had, but in this case, updating the driver for my graphics card has stopped Photoshop CC (2014) crashing.

• 2. Re: Illustrator CC (2014) update failed
            bradhighgate Level 1

Exactly my problem to a tee.

I installed it fine on my old MacBook Pro at home, but at work on my mid-2011 iMac, it is failing. I've been with CC since the beginning and this is the first issue.

I look forward to a resolution.

• 3. Re: Illustrator CC (2014) update failed
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Link for Download & Install & Setup & Activation problems may help

-Online Chat http://www.adobe.com/support/download-install/supportinfo/

• 4. Re: Illustrator CC (2014) update failed
                JerryPF Level 1

Sarika Saxena @ Adobe Support took me through the process of deleting and re-installing the Creative Cloud Application, running Creative Cloud Cleaner – remotely controlling my Mac. This was very successful and I'm very grateful to her. The problem was probably residual software from much earlier installation of Adobe software. Now running Muse, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator 2014 releases, enjoying the speed increase and looking forward to using the new enhancements. Thank you Sarika.