• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated to CC 2014 yesterday; all apps where installed in addtiton to the prev. versions. How can I clean up?

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did an update using CC Desktop of all my CC apps. Everything apparently went ok; no errors or warnings. But all my prior inatsallations wher kept in addition to the new ones. How can I uninstall/get rid of the older versions w/o loosing all my settings/prefs etc?

Also CC desktop suggests that I should instll Lightroom 5, which is already installed (and was updated to latest version yesterday, as well).

It seems that soemthing is wrong with either Air or CC desktop: how can I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

start your new cc 2014 apps.  they should ask you if you want to use your previous cc app settings.

you can then use your uninstallers to remove the cc apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure to check that the CC 2014 app has copied your previous CC app settings before you uninstall.

Unfortunately, my tests so far indicate that neither Photoshop nor Illustrator on my system (2011 iMac, OSX 10.9) have imported the previous settings. This pretty much defeats the point of Creative Cloud, in my mind anyway. Still not sure why Adobe couldn't have offered to do in-place upgrades instead of making us install the new version separately (and use up extra hard disk space).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

settings transferred for me seamlessly with flash pro at home, but failed on my work computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AlanRalph you can find more details regarding why new versions were released at Installing the 2014 Release of Creative Cloud « Julieanne Kost's Blog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeff, I've already read Julieanne Kost's blog post about this. I could understand this for the move from CS6 to CC last year, because there were a lot of changes under-the-hood, as well as several apps dropped from the suite (Fireworks, Encore). I'm not totally convinced this time round that the number of changes from the latest CC to CC 2014 justify a completely separate install. The only other explanation that I can come up with is that Adobe are not 100% certain that the new features introduced in CC 2014 will work correctly across all users' systems. If that is the case, then surely the answer would be to have an expanded beta-test program, then slip-stream them into users' existing CC installations. As it is, the way CC 2014 is being rolled out means a lot of extra work for users in terms on installation and setup. I'm speaking here as a fan of Creative Cloud - I really feel that this situation is not helping Adobe to sell the benefits of CC to those still on older versions of Creative Suite who have yet to be tempted by the subscription model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines