3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 24, 2014 4:16 PM by bbb_999 RSS

Duplicate sequence?

kinkersnick127 Community Member

I've started to have a look through the SDK documents, but just have a quick question about the SDK functionality that I imagine someone well-versed in it should be able to answer pretty easily:

Could the SDK be used to create a button (in a custom panel) that when pressed would duplicate the currently selected or currently open sequence, rename it, and move it to a specific place in the project?

It seems like the SDK is not concerned with functionality like this, but it would be great for what I want to achieve if it is!

Anyone know about this?

• 1. Re: Duplicate sequence?
          kinkersnick127 Community Member

I found an answer to a similar question on Creative Cow, in case anyone is interested:

Premiere Pro's SDK doesn't allow plugins to control the program - for instance, you cannot use a plugin to create markers or move clips in your timeline. Plugins are limited to affecting the video signal.

Premiere Pro SDK??? : Adobe Premiere Pro

So it would appear it's not possible.

If only Adobe would develop Premiere Pro Extendscript support to the level enjoyed by After Effects...

• 2. Re: Duplicate sequence?
            Zac Lam Adobe Employee

The plug-in SDK doesn't provide this kind of control, but ExtendScript may open up some options.  I'll check with Bruce.

• 3. Re: Re: Duplicate sequence?
              bbb_999 Adobe Employee

The following works in ExtendScript Toolkit, and PPro CC 2014.

var active_seq = app.project.activeSequence;

if (active_seq != null)

alert("Active sequence = " + active_seq.name);

var new_seq = active_seq.clone();

var test_seq = app.project.activeSequence;

if (test_seq != null)

alert("Active sequence is now " + test_seq.name);