3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2014 9:14 PM by A.T. Romano

Invalid scratch disk path for video preview

karabosco9@gmail.com

I am trying to render a project and I am getting the error "invalid scratch disk path for video previews.  please change it to some other location".

I have tried changing the location to several other location and I keep getting the same error.

What can I do to fix this?

Running:

Mac os 10.9.3

Adobe Premier Elements 11

• 1. Re: Invalid scratch disk path for video preview
          A.T. Romano Level 7

karabosco9

Did you purchase Premiere Elements 11 for your Mac computer as the Adobe Premiere Elements Editor from Mac App Store or from Adobe as Premiere Elements 11 Mac?

To where are you or have you been directing the Scratch Disks, in particular the Video Previews, and how much free space is at that location?

If the location is an external hard drive, what is the format of the external hard drive?

Have you reviewed your Mac preferences and permissions?

Please review and consider and then we can discuss what next.

To put things into a better perspective

a. Is this a "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before" issue?

b. If you go to a new project, does the problem persist?

ATR

• 2. Re: Invalid scratch disk path for video preview
            karabosco9@gmail.com Level 1

Did you purchase Premiere Elements 11 for your Mac computer as the Adobe Premiere Elements Editor from Mac App Store or from Adobe as Premiere Elements 11 Mac?

Purchased Premier Elements 11 on a disk.  I did not get it from the app store.

To where are you or have you been directing the Scratch Disks, in particular the Video Previews, and how much free space is at that location?

I have tried saving it in various location on my C drive (documents, in shared folders, new folders under my user).  There are over 800 gigs of space available.  I am the only user for this computer and have admin control.

If the location is an external hard drive, what is the format of the external hard drive?

Not external hard drive.

Have you reviewed your Mac preferences and permissions?

I have looked to make sure I have permissions.  I am the only account on the computer and have admin permissions.

a. Is this a "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before" issue?

It has worked before.

b. If you go to a new project, does the problem persist?

I tried an old project I had done and it rendered fine.  No Issue.  I checked the path for that project and it was the same place I am trying to use for the new project that won't render.

Thank you...

• 3. Re: Invalid scratch disk path for video preview
              A.T. Romano Level 7

karabosco9

If you go into Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks, what happens if you have all the Scratch Disks directed to Same As Project?

Have you tried that configuration yet?

You could try deleting the settings file named Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs. I believe the route on Mac is

Users

Owner

Library

Application Support

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Folder that you delete. I am not sure of the situation in Mac, but, in Windows, you need to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drivers active so that you can see the complete path. Restart Premiere Elements and determine if the issue is gone.

Please let us know if any of the above helped.

Thanks.

ATR