• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH11 - Cuts off tables when I generate review PDFs. How do I get it to include the entire table?

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just upgraded from RH9 to Rh11. I'm using the Create PDF for Review... option on the Review menu. I have several two column tables in the topic I'm sending for review. The PDF cuts off half of the second column in the tables. We didn't have this issue with RH9. Has anyone else had this problem with the PDF review feature in RH11? Can you tell me why it's doing this & how to fix it?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2014 Jul 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rh sets the table width as a percentage but that can be changed to a fixed width. Check it is set a a percentage.

Also create a new table in Rh11 and see if that works better.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter and everyone else.

I started using RH 11 recently, and I am experiencing the same issue as reported: when generating the PDF output, RH keeps cropping some of my tables.

NOTE: some of my table cells contain long non-breakable text strings such as TimeoutInsightServerUpDisconnectedCheck. Can't avoid that.

I looked into the table properties and ensured that my table width is 100%, and adjusted the individual column width % to make sure that the total does not exceed 100%, but my tables are still cropped in PDF.

Here is a passage from the RH 11 User Guide, Create a PDF for review section: "Tables, images, and other elements that do not fit in a page are cropped." I keep checking my HTML preview now and then - all of my tables fit into the HTML help window. But the PDF output looks otherwise:( I tried the AutoFit feature as well - won't help:(

My question is: Is there any other way to ensure that my tables fit into any output page, be it PDF, Word or HTML?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your HTML preview is exactly that, a preview of the HTML as it would appear in a browser. When the guide refers to a page, it is referring to how Word lays out that content in a page as in a Word document.

Generate to Word to start with and see how it looks there. Maybe you can adjust the page width in the template used for mapping. Another approach might be to put such strings in a style with a smaller font and map to a similar style you create in the Word template.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Peter!

That's what i been doing - generating the output in MS Word, fixing the table width and then publishing my doc to PDF. That seems the only way to make one's PDF look right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp