0 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2007 7:55 AM by jgsstrappy

remove an item from an Array-Shopping Cart

jgsstrappy
      I am working on a modified shopping cart examples and using it to build a event registration RIA. People are able to drag and drop items from the event datagrid into their registration datagrid. They are able to choose multiple events to register for and can also remove items once added.

Below is the code processing the addition of an item to the registration datagrid (targetGridDP). The removePerson function removes the item from the datagrid but I am confused how to remove it from the Array of event ID numbers. I assume I need a for loop but I was wondering if I am missing something easier.

Just to let you know, my goal is to send the array out with an HTTP Service to the server where I will loop through and register the user for each event ID in the array.

Thanks!

Yours in playing with Arrays,
      Jon

<![CDATA[
      import mx.events.DragEvent;
      import mx.collections.ArrayCollection;
      import mx.controls.Alert;
      import mx.events.DragEvent
      [Bindable]
      private var targetGridDP:ArrayCollection=new ArrayCollection
      public var listOfEvents:String=""
      public var myArray:Array = new Array();
      public function jon(event:DragEvent):void{
      var dgRow:Object=new Object()
      dgRow=event.dragSource.dataForFormat("items")
      myArray.push(String(dgRow[0].id))
      Alert.show(String(myArray))
      }
      // Remove a person from the ArrayCollection.
      public function removePerson():void {
      // Make sure an item is selected.
      if (dg.selectedIndex >= 0) {
      targetGridDP.removeItemAt(targetGrid.selectedIndex);
      //HERE IS WHERE I AM CONFUSED HOW TO REMOVE THE ITEM OUT OF MY STORED ARRAY (myArray). I KNOW THE VALUE OF THE ITEM BUT NOT ITS LOCATION IN THE ARRAY AND FROM WHAT I CAN TELL YOU CAN ONLY REMOVE ARRAY ITEMS BY ITS LOCATION IN THE ARRAY ie. pop, shift, splice. delete doesnt seem like a good use here.
      }
      }

]]>