For years I have been using inDesigns data merge feature, today I'm getting a consistent crash when I try to generate a merged document, or export to PDF.
The problem started while I was using CC 9.0. Then I updated to CC2014, and still got the crashes. I tried updating 9.0 to 9.2.1 but unfortunately that didn't work either.
I've cleared the preferences multiple times (all versions) and at one point even physically disconnected the computer from the network/internet hoping that maybe it was pulling something from the cloud.
I rely on that feature quite heavily. Any suggestions?
Sounds like it could either be a problem in the data file or a template that's become corrupt. Try copy/paste in place all the template stuff into a new file and see if that works, then look closely at the data file in a text editor for things like unexpected line breaks or odd characters.
Looks like it was a corrupt template.
Thanks for the help
If anybody else has the issue, check and make sure that your margins aren't set to 0 or a small number. It appears to me that creates this issue with Data Merge in CC2014, at least for me. I had a document with 0 margin, it would crash, auto recover, crash. After one of the crashes, I set the margins back to .25, and ran the data merge again, and no crash.