5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2014 1:47 PM by A.T. Romano

how can i change the length of a narration ?

hotts77

how can i change the length of a narration ?

• 1. Re: how can i change the length of a narration ?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

hotts77

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

There are various way to change the length of a file but the consequences of the changes should be considered...

1. With the mouse cursor you could drag the file's end in or out to change its length.

2. You could double click the narration in the Project Media to bring up the Preview Windows for trimming the clip with the Premiere Windows Set In and Set Out points.

3. You could use the Time Stretch Tool to alter the duration (with a check mark  next to Maintain Audio Pitch which will help to a certain degree)

What is the duration of the narration that you want to change? Is it not possible to record the narration, completing and stopping it within the wanted length?

Please more detail.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: how can i change the length of a narration ?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

hotts77

Are you asking the same question in the thread that we are in now and in the following thread which you just posted.

Help I cant record a narration longer then 29 seconds .. how do i adjust this?

If so, please continue the discussion of what appears to be a "narration stopping at 30 seconds" issue in the other

thread whose link is posted above.

If the thread that we are in now represents a different question, please detail, clarifying.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: how can i change the length of a narration ?
              hotts77 Level 1

let me ask this a different way i am trying to record a narration ,but it will only let me record it for about 30 seconds. this is with out having any clips on the project. if i add clips to the project it seems to let me make a longer recording. I would like to record all my narration then add a clip ,but it will only let me record for a short time without having any clips on the project.

• 4. Re: how can i change the length of a narration ?
                hotts77 Level 1

I am running windows 8

• 5. Re: how can i change the length of a narration ?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

hotts77

Thanks for the reply.

Still not sure what version of Premiere Elements that you are using. But, the following should apply nonetheless

What you describe is what I have described in my blog post and for which I have discussed all aspects of the issue. There

is no workaround to force the program to give you more than you are getting now without other clips also on the track(s). The

blog post just about says it all.

You might have to weigh the pros and cons of

a. Recording your narrations as .wav files in a free audio editor such as Audacity

Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

and then importing those into your Premiere Elements project with Premiere Elements' Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets from where you drag the narration to the Narration Track.

b. Put any video clips on the Timeline when you are recording your Premiere Elements narrations with its Narration Tool. Then remove these video clips and replace them with the real thing when you are ready to put narration and clips into the project.

Please let me know if you are OK with the details.

Thank you.

ATR