4 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2007 10:17 AM by treble101

Zoom resizes window

treble101
      I have been using Imageready for years, and now trying to switch to Fireworks, since Imageready is gone... I am afraid I will be here a lot to ask questions...

My first one is: Is there an option to automatically resize the window if you zoom in or out with Ctrl-+/-

In Photoshop you can set it in the preferences: General --> Zoom Resizes Windows, but haven't found the equivalent in Fireworks. I'd like to organize a number of pictures on the screen so that I can make decisions where they go on a webpage...

Thanks,
        • 1. Re: Zoom resizes window
          Level 7
          treble101 wrote:

> In Photoshop you can set it in the preferences: General --> Zoom Resizes
          > Windows, but haven't found the equivalent in Fireworks. I'd like to organize a
          > number of pictures on the screen so that I can make decisions where they go on
          > a webpage...

Choose Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts. Under "Current set", change from the
          default Web Standard to Photoshop.

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
          • 2. Re: Zoom resizes window
            treble101 Level 1
            That is a great tip, because my next question would have been to get similar keyboard shortcuts as in ImageReady, like adjusting the Levels.

However, enabling these short cuts still doesn't solve my problem that the image window is resizing with the image size itself when I zoom in or out. If I zoom out, I'd like to have the window shrink as well, so that I can see other images 'behind' it...

THanks,
            • 3. Re: Zoom resizes window
              Level 7
              treble101 wrote:

> However, enabling these short cuts still doesn't solve my problem that the
              > image window is resizing with the image size itself when I zoom in or out. If
              > I zoom out, I'd like to have the window shrink as well, so that I can see other
              > images 'behind' it...

On PC's, document windows don't resize in any program unless you resize
              them manually. If they behave that way on Macs, that's a new concept for
              me. :-)

I'm not sure what you mean by images behind it. If you mean another
              document you have open, either click on its tab at the top left of the
              document window, or undock the document windows by choosing Window >
              Cascade.

--
              Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
              http://www.projectseven.com
              Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
              CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
              http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
              • 4. Re: Zoom resizes window
                treble101 Level 1
                OK, so I assume it is not possible...

I am on a PC, but use Photoshop/IR on Macs as well. And for both if you zoom in or out, the document/image window changes accordingly (if you have that option enabled in the preferences).

I do like that FW has those tabs for all files open. But sometimes I just want to see all open documents/windows next to each other. The Window -> Tile Horizontally would be perfect for that if only FW would zoom out of the image to fit the smaller window size. Instead it keeps the same zoom level as the original, bigger window so that you only see a fraction of the whole image.

Thanks again. You are a big help.