3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2014 7:08 AM by Till Krueger

Display and Layer Corruption

Till Krueger Level 1

Installed the new 2014 CC Apps yesterday (very exciting!!) and started doing some real work in Photoshop CC 2014 today...at some point i tried to darken a white layer with "Brighten and Contrast" but saw my white layer get filled with mostly black and gray artifacts, which i wasn't able to eliminate in any way (hiding and re-enabling the layer, hiding the tab and opening it again, minimizing Photoshop and opening it again, etc.)...suspecting an OpenGL display problem, i opened the file in the Save for Web module, but saw the same layer corruption in there...i saved the document, closed and re-opened Photoshop and that document, and the artifacts were actually saved into the layer, eliminating quite a bit of my work.

I am all but certain that this is an OpenGL or GPU related issue...i have long suspected that this particular Retina MBP (mid-2012) has some unresolved GPU issues...have any of you experienced any similar or related issues?

• 1. Re: Display and Layer Corruption
          CaboZone

I was also seeing this,  I saw artifacts from the iPad app when I opened the document in Photoshop.   Some of them were in the layer mask and some on the actual image.

• 2. Re: Display and Layer Corruption
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Mac Retina Bug http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1159632

Moving to Photoshop

• 3. Re: Display and Layer Corruption
              Till Krueger Level 1

John, when you link to an issue in Adobe Elements 11, how does that relate to my issue in Adobe Photoshop CC 2014, which doesn't have a HandlerTimeline.Framework , which appears to be the cause of the problem you linked to.

in this thread you linked to, someone says it's "a known issue with Retina screens", so are you also implying that this is a screen issue, or an issue with the Retina model of the MBP? does the Retina screen itself have hardware that would cause this, where the non-Retina screens do not have this problem? how could this be? is there a frame-buffer or something like that *in* the screen? i have had mine replaced a few months after buying the rMBP, due to the burn-in issue, and then again when that screen started to develop bad pixel clusters, so i hope this isn't a hardware-resident issue.

wouldn't this be more consistent with issues within the GPU, maybe caused by over-heating or nVidia driver bugs?

do you have a link to more info?