3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2014 7:53 PM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor: how to get support when you purchase at Apple Store?

AnnelenaPorto

[Moving to Premiere Elements... JTS]

I purchased Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor software at Apple Store in May/11/2013.

I could use the product no more than 2 times because it started to have problems to open, since then I could not use anymore. In December, when I was trying to use the software again, I couldn't and started to call Apple and Adobe to try to solve my problems.

Apple Support advise me to uninstall my Operational System (@Mavericks) and to install back the older version @Mac_OS_X_Lion_10.7. I did that and Adobe didn't work again. IT downloaded to my computer, but it couldn't be opened. As you can see the print screens below.

1.App_na_AppStore_Install.png

4.Mensagem_Quit_Unexpectedly.png

After many tries going back and force to Adobe and Apple and now that the software is no longer available in Apple Store I am not sure why, I did not even had chance to try to reinstall and Apple said that they can't do anything. Also Adobe says that I can't get any help besides these forums because I have no Serial Number to provide (Apple never provided me this number).

Anyone had a similar situation like mine? I would appreciate to have some help on this.

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor: how to get support when you purchase at Apple Store?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

anneleneaporto

You said that you were never provided with a serial number for. your purchase of Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor from the Mac App Store. As I view that, that is a Mac App Store matter that only Mac App Store can correct and you should vigorously pursue the matter with it.

The Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor from the Mac App Store is a different product than Premiere Elements 11 Mac sold by Adobe. So, even if you had a purchased serial number for what you have, it would not work if you inserted it into a tryout of Premiere Elements 11 Mac to make that your working copy.

What is the present situation

a. Do you have Premiere Elements 11 Editor installation files saved to your computer?

b. Is Premiere Elements 11 Editor currently installed on your computer?

c. If you went to http://www.adobe.com, signed in there with your Adobe ID and Password, and went to My Products, do you see your Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor listed there and does it include the serial number?

d. Miscellaneous...Did you ever have QuickTime installed on your computer with the Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor?...Are your computer preferences and privileges OK?...What is your current computer operating system?

We will be watching for your reply to determine if there are an avenues open to troubleshooting what you have. The answers will be

in the details that you provide.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor: how to get support when you purchase at Apple Store?
            AnnelenaPorto Level 1

Hi ATR,

Thank you very much for your contact. This is the first person from both companies so far who tries to really help me.

As follows are your answers, I would appreciate if I could get some help with that matter.

SERIAL NUMBER FOR MY PRODUCT: The only document I have is the Invoice from Apple/iTunes Store (image below) for my Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor purchase, which I believe makes Apple responsible for my product as well. However, last time I talked to Apple, the advisor who spoke to me said that Apple could not do anything else, since the product was no longer available in their Store. Neversthless, Apple never provided me the serial number for the product, which I bought from Apple Store and downloaded directly to my computer. On the other side, all the times I called Adobe, the representatives could not attend me because I don't have the serial number to provide to it.

Screen Shot 2014-06-20 at 7.12.11 PM.png

What is the present situation

a. Do you have Premiere Elements 11 Editor installation files saved to your computer?

Ans: It disappeared from Apple Store in my computer and from iTunes Store as well. However, the software was in my computer before as can be seen in the images below:

1.App_na_AppStore_Install.png

b. Is Premiere Elements 11 Editor currently installed on your computer?

Ans: It was installed in my computer when I bought it, and I did use it in 2 occasions. However, after I started to face the problem trying to open the software and use it, Apple advised me to change my Operational System from Mavericks to Mac OS X Lion 10.7 to be able to work with Adobe Premiere Elements 11, since it could be facing problems with Mavericks. After have installed Mac OS X Lion, I tried to install Adobe Premiere again, but now it is not even possible to do from the Apple Store.

c. If you went to http://www.adobe.com, signed in there with your Adobe ID and Password, and went to My Products, do you see your Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor listed there and does it include the serial number?

Ans: My Adobe ID doesn't show Adobe Premiere, so that's one more reason why I don't have the serial number for my product. The only document I have for it is the Apple Store invoice and through it I can't have other number besides the order # or invoice # from Apple.

d. Miscellaneous...Did you ever have QuickTime installed on your computer with the Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor?...Are your computer preferences and privileges OK?...What is your current computer operating system?

Ans: I used to have my Quick Time when I used Adobe Premiere in my computer. Since came back to Mac OS X Lion 10.7, many softwares were lost when the Operating System was changed.

I hope I have provided enough information, but please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

AnnelenaPorto

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor: how to get support when you purchase at Apple Store?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

AnnelenaPorto

In the absence of a serial number, there seems nowhere to go, unless we can somehow get what you have on your computer to work in the hope that what is yet to be done does not ask for a serial number. Chances on that seem slim to none.

When you switched Mac operating systems, who did the job - Apple, you, or someone else? Have you gone through installing the latest version of QuickTime and assuring that you are running the computer with a User Account with Administrative Privileges? Is your video card/graphics card drive up to date? Did you look at the problems with and without the antivirus program disabled?

You should consider your Mac App Store strategy and pursue it since the MacApp Store is the seller. You bought a product (good or bad) and good or bad you should have a serial number. The serial number was part of the purchase agreement. Have you contacted any consumer advocate agencies in your area to discuss this matter. You or a consumer advocate might want to have a new discussion with Apple about the merits of coming up with your serial number or giving you your money back.

This is not Adobe. Just a user to user forum. And, I am one of the Premiere Elements users.

ATR