4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2014 7:27 PM by Trevor.Dennis

Slightly OT: Beautiful Splash Screens

Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

Does anyone else think they have done a really nice job with the CC 2014 splash screens?  I don't use them all, but I imagine the other apps have similar designs.  With the possible exception of Illustrator, and perhaps Media Encoder, they have a soft, feminine look to them.  I wonder why Photoshop has gone with a different format?

Splash Screens.jpg

• 1. Re: Slightly OT: Beautiful Splash Screens
          Noel Carboni Level 8

I don't mind seeing the splash of art.  It emphasizes the creativity.  I don't really see the Photoshop splash as fundamentally different than the others, though.

Pushoversunite, it's an excuse for you to go get the most screamin' meany of a computer you can find.  Then all you have to do is blink.    Go ahead, you have my permission.

-Noel

• 2. Re: Slightly OT: Beautiful Splash Screens
            gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Doesn't bother me. Although they could have other art pieces randomly selected to break up the monotony.

Gene

• 3. Re: Slightly OT: Beautiful Splash Screens
              Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

gener7 wrote:

Doesn't bother me. Although they could have other art pieces randomly selected to break up the monotony.

Gene

Do you remember the thread a few weeks back where someone was confused over the CS6 splash screen.  I almost posted that it looked wrong to me, but discovered just in time that the Extended version has a different splash screen.  It would be fun if we could still edit splash screens.

I agree that the Photoshop CC 2014 splash stands out as the only horrible screen.  According to THIS LINK the artwork for the 2014 splash screens was sourced from Behance, and the Photoshop screen is a photograph by Kylli Sparre  And according Kylli's site, the Photoshop image is 'Fine Art', but it seems to me that the king is stark b°%%@#  naked!

• 4. Re: Slightly OT: Beautiful Splash Screens
                cbphoto Level 1

I like it. And the Easter eggs are a different style.

It would be fun to design and use our own splash screen art for personal use and to share With other Adobe users. How 'bout it, Adobe?