1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 21, 2014 2:15 PM by _durin_

New to Adobe Audition and cannot make the tools in the toolbar active

IrishEyes Level 1

Hi,

I feel silly, but I cannot let pride waste valuable time. I have downloaded the trial version of Audition CC 2014 and I cannot use any of the edit tools in the tool bar. I need to select, cut and save. Nothing really techy. Just basic stuff for a client doing training audios, no music. Can anyone tell me how to use the tool bar or make the inactive tools active please?

• 1. Re: New to Adobe Audition and cannot make the tools in the toolbar active
          _durin_ Adobe Employee

Most of the tools in the tool bar aren't for basic operations like that.  To select a region of your wavefile, just click and drag over the waveform.  o remove the selected region, just press DEL or Backspace.  To Save, click File > Save.

Keyboard shortcuts for basic operations are pretty typical: CTRL/CMDC to Copy, CTRL/CMDX to Cut, CTRL/CMD+V to Paste.  Single-click in the waveform to move the playhead from one place to another.

The other tools become active in different editing modes, such as when Spectral Frequency mode is visible.  Those tools enable you to make different "paint" style selections, but are not necessary for basic trimming and pasting operations.