Can you try the following steps:
1) Close Animate
2) Rename C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Edge Animate folder to C:\Users\sujai\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Edge Animate OLD\
3) Relaunch Animate
This will clear your old preferences. Please check if animate launches fine after this.
I tried it. The folder gets replaced by a new one but Edge animate keeps crashing
Is there a crash log that you can send us?
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: EdgeAnimate.exe
Application Version: 22.214.171.124
Application Timestamp: 536b55b0
Fault Module Name: libcef.dll
Fault Module Version: 3.1364.1130.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 5295b9b5
Exception Code: 80000003
Exception Offset: 0015efd0
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 5861
Additional Information 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
Additional Information 3: d1d9
Additional Information 4: d1d94a13d3609d6b740644c12508f581
Read our privacy statement online:
If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
1 person found this helpful
These logs are not very useful. I will need the crash dumps. The link below will help you to collect this:
1)You need to create a new registry key for EdgeAnimate.exe as explained in the above link.
2) Relaunch Animate; the crash dumps will be created in the folder that you have specified in the registry.
3)Send us the crash logs for investigation.
1 person found this helpful
We found that the crash is not happening in Animate but in a thirdparty component that Animate uses. will need some information from you to investigate:
Can you share the install logs from:
1) Path for installation log - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\ - do share the Edge Animate CC 2014 specific logs.
2) Installer logs from - C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Temp\amt3.log and PDApp <Date>.log
1) Can you install DirectX from:http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=8109 (or web installer http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35).
2) Restart your PC and then launch Animate. Check if you still see the crash.
OK so I installed Directx and rebooted. EA still crashes.
Here are the EA log files:
Here is the amt3 log file:
Here is the PDapp file:
Thanks again for the help.
I found another log
Log file created: 6/27/2014 1:15:30 PM
Ticks = 1156 <4924> <heliumRegistration> <1> AMT is forcing a quit.
Thanks DjOliver. I need one more information from you.
Can you zip the C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Edge Animate CC 2014\cef\ folder also and send it.
Are you getting this crash continously or is it happend only once? Did you connect to network when you are launching the app?
Hi DjOliver, Thanks for your patience regarding this issue. The logs have been successful, however I would like to have a meeting to be able to look at the machine to come up with the fix.
I have send you an email regarding the same. Do let me know.