2 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2007 2:06 AM by Rudestar

License & Installation for Hosted Solution

martingales
      I deploy my small applications (Tomcat with PostgreSQL) in a Hosted environment (eapps). I pay all of $30/month so I don't command multiple processors. All I do is drop WAR's into Tomcat webapps! I am concerned about the OS versions of Flex Data Services. Do they need to do an installation? They have: Operating Systems - CentOS 4 Linux (white label version of Red Hat Enterprise)

If this is a problem are you aware of a hosted solution with Flex Data Service, Tomcat, JBOSS & PostgreSQL?
        • 1. Re: License & Installation for Hosted Solution
          Rudestar
          This is an important question that I would love to get a straight answer to. I have been trawling the web trying to find an answer to this to see what kind of hosting plan I need to get to run FDS. I cant seems to find a definitive answer! Now from the bits of information I can gather and through intuition I know that with a VPS I can install and configure FDS since you download FDS as an OS dependant executable and not as a webapplication archive - yet as I understand it Flex Data Services is only a webapplication that can run within Tomcat as seems to be the case with the demo installation - is this correct? If so why can I not install the application on a standard shared tomcat host?
          • 2. Re: License & Installation for Hosted Solution
            Rudestar Level 1
            This is an important question that I would love to get a straight answer to. I have been trawling the web trying to find an answer to this to see what kind of hosting plan I need to get to run FDS. I cant seems to find a definitive answer! Now from the bits of information I can gather and through intuition I know that with a VPS I can install and configure FDS since you download FDS as an OS dependant executable and not as a webapplication archive - yet as I understand it Flex Data Services is only a webapplication that can run within Tomcat as seems to be the case with the demo installation - is this correct? If so why can I not install the application on a standard shared tomcat host?