23 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2014 10:35 AM by mox90291

installation problems elements 12

mox90291 Level 1

Hope this question gets to someone that can help .
      I have been using your elements programs for years 3,4,5,7, 9 11, and now trying to install 12, you can see I am a loyal user.
      I have a disc and have serial numbers I can not get it to load in any way: from disc, from copying all files to computer then trying to open from setup, installer, and any other file I think might do it . I've even tried to download the trial version , knowing i can add my serial number after it is loaded. Premiere gets to installing shared technologies ... then gives me a box stating there was an error. sorry don't remember the exact phrase.
      Is there anyway to get this long anticipated software on my computer?

windows 7  64bit
      Intel(R) core (TM) i 5 CPU
      750 @ 2.567Ghz
      hard-drive 931GB  445 GB free

Thanks so much \
      Mox

• 1. Re: installation problems elements 12
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Mox

What is the exact wording of the error message? It sounds like the old Shared Technologies installation issue which can hit any version, essentially any computer operating system. Lots of home remedies. No one fix fixes all. One from many....

Premiere Elements 11 "installing Shared Technologies" error during install

What worked for me consistently was the following:

Program Files (x86)

Common Files

Adobe

and in the Adobe Folder find the OOBE Folder and rename it from OOBE to OLDOOBE.

If this is a Shared Technology error during Premiere Elements installation, do not give up. It is a difficult situation, and, when you least expect it, the problem will resolve.

We will be watching for the outcome in your case.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: installation problems elements 12
            mox90291 Level 1

Thanks ATR, sorry for the long delay in responding. Feel this has happened on most of my installs from the beginning at elements 3

the actual wording is elements box.jpg

the installation looks as though it continues as the green flickers keeps going until one hits the OK button on the please restart your system  then it says rolling back I tried to stop that in task manager but was not allowed i read through your link but it was of no help . I've been trying for days

I have tried to install Photoshop elements 12 also and same message appears after about 2 minutes installing shared technologies . > OK, so I rename that folder to oldoob . then what try to boot from files copied from disc to desktop ? with which file?

Thanks for doing what you can to help

• 3. Re: installation problems elements 12
              A.T. Romano Level 7

mox90291

Thanks for the reply. You are facing installation's Shared Technologies error which many have encountered independent of Premiere Elements version or computer operating system.

Are you saying that the disabling of the OOBE Folder by renaming it from OOBE to OLDOOBE did not work? If so.....

If you are installing Premiere Elements 12 from an installation disc, open the disc to reveal its files. Copy the whole Adobe Premiere Elements 12 Folder and the whole Elements Organizer Folder to the computer desktop.

a. Then Adobe Premiere Elements 12/Setup.exe. Right click the Setup.exe and select Run As Administrator. Then double click the Setup.exe to begin the installation process.

b. More later.

ATR

• 4. Re: installation problems elements 12
                mox90291 Level 1

Thanks ATR, I followed all your examples, still could not get it to work load. Went back into my computer deleted everything having to do with Premier 12.
                Rebooted closed out unnecessary processes and recopied all information from disk to desktop computer
                I did what you suggested ran Premier elements as administrator. Got the same error message. At this point I did not hit okay but open TaskManager and closed processes: set up and windows installer
                I then hit my start button and lo and behold an icon for elements premier elements 12  appeared in my program list
                I clicked on that and Adobe software license agreement came up, at this point I was almost smiling, and hit except ,the Premier elements 12 box came up with the organizer button on the left a video editor on right I clicked on video editor to open up new project, double-clicking the project the purple and black bands were rolling letting me know it was trying to connect this went on for a few minutes and then simply stopped , then tried to open an existing project,  same thing happened.

Open for any other suggestions

• 5. Re: installation problems elements 12
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

mox90291

Great progress even though still more to do.

At the end of the installation, did you get a Finished Button to click? Did a Sign In dialog ever appear into which you needed to put Adobe ID and Password?

I am thinking that we should rename the SLCache and SLStore Folders as described in my blog post.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/04/pe12-premiere-elements-12-editor-will.html

Please review the above and question before proceeding, please let me know.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: installation problems elements 12
                    mox90291 Level 1

ATR the installation never did finish the same error message came up, "installation progress encountered an error"

will be trying your next lead but reading carefully to fully understand first . I'll hit you back prior to renaming anything

Thanks

• 7. Re: installation problems elements 12
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

mox90291

We will be watching for your next report.

For now, just confirmation on

the installation never did finish the same error message came up, "installation progress encountered an error"

Same Shared Technologies error or another to take its place regarding another type of problem?

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: installation problems elements 12
                        mox90291 Level 1

I'm thinking the reason the editor will not open is that the program simply did not load completely or is the fact that I am getting an icon for pre12 and that the program does try to open mean that It is completely installed but just having problems opening. therefore following your recommendation  under "Premiere Elements 12 Editor Will Not Open" may be a solution?

• 9. Re: installation problems elements 12
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

mox90291

I had lots of problems with the installation and reinstallation of Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12.

My issues and resolutions in these cases are documented in those blog posts. Hope they help.

All so far have revolved around the Activation process. In one case the SLCache and SLStore Folders

renaming resolved in the problem, and in one it was the updating of the Adobe Application Manager that worked

for me.

Hoping for good news.

Thanks.

ATR

• 10. Re: installation problems elements 12
                            mox90291 Level 1

the error message did not refer to shared technologies . it happened to appear while the program was performing it's shared technologies installation .

the error message read: the installation process has encountered an error while installing. please restart your system and try again.

• 11. Re: installation problems elements 12
                              mox90291 Level 1

my notepad file looks just like yours no mention of "Sign In, Activation, Or Connection Error....

• 12. Re: installation problems elements 12
                                mox90291 Level 1

thought id try access in a diferent way I click on a project in my vidoes foler .open with pre12 and a sign in required box showed up

enter adobe  id to register your product.  however when i click sign in now it tells me I'm not connected to the internet.

hope the differance between 11 and 12 is going to be worth all this. when I/ we do get it up and running

• 13. Re: installation problems elements 12
                                  mox90291 Level 1

wholly smokes ATR I browsed through some posts . I feel I'm in good hands

Seems you really know your stuff. I'm certain you or we will get to the bottom of this.

then you be able to help for  the fun part: editing portion of the software

You are appreciated

• 14. Re: installation problems elements 12
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

mox90291

That error message about not being connected to the Internet (or maybe the clock not set right) may be the tip off. When I ran into this error message with my Premiere Elements, updating of the Adobe Application Manager was the answer. But, make sure that you have the antivirus and firewall disabled while all this is going on.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/04/pe12-sign-in-failure-connect-to.html

Have you tried that possible explanation for what might be needed to get this troubleshooting to target the core of the issue?

More later.

ATR

• 15. Re: installation problems elements 12
                                      mox90291 Level 1

currently typing with my fingers crossed to read your latest blogspot link  .I'll let you know what happens

• 16. Re: installation problems elements 12
                                        mox90291 Level 1

I'm not quite certain how to upgrade the Adobe Application Manager, using the download

The Adobe Application Manager cannot be found in the list of installed programs in Control Panel/Programs

i did a search for Adobe Application Manager and found nothing

what is the download file that needs to be renamed to applicationmanager8.0_all.exe

hoping this is going to start to be fun soon

• 17. Re: installation problems elements 12
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

mox90291

I just got to your post numbered 16. It is about 12:40 am here. So, I do not know if it is the latest of the hour or something else.

I went to my blog post and every time I clicked the link to the Adobe Application Manager, I opened another blog post instead of the Adobe Application Manager download.

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Windows : Adobe Application Manager

Were you able to get the link in the blog post to open to the download instead of another of my blog posts?

The link is correct. It is just not opening for me correctly.

I will figure this out in the morning.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

Add On...I think I have the link in the blog post repaired. If you get a chance, could you confirm. Thanks.

• 18. Re: installation problems elements 12
                                            mox90291 Level 1

Good morning ATR

appmanager.jpg

• 19. Re: installation problems elements 12
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

mox90291

Good morning.

With Premiere Elements closed. Please shutdown the computer's router for about 30 to 45 seconds to reset it.

Also, go to your default browser...example if Firefox...Options/Advanced Tab and its Network Tab. Under the Network

Tab, go to Cached Web Content and hit the Clear Now button.

Shutdown the computer and restart it.

Any impact on the problem or same as before?

ATR

• 20. Re: installation problems elements 12
                                                mox90291 Level 1

Okay so I followed all your recommendations

On my desktop I clicked on the application manager folder instead of the shortcut I right clicked set up, chose run as administrator this did update the program.

I have cleared my cache on Firefox,Shut down my computer, turned off my router

And restarted everything. when my computer was up and running went into TaskManage, closed out all unnecessary programs. I then opened "My Videos" clicked on a premier project and chose open in elements 12. the sign in required dialog box came up and I clicked sign in now, OH MY GOSH  here's what happened,sign in.jpgmore to come

• 21. Re: installation problems elements 12
                                                  mox90291 Level 1

ATR, I can't thank you enough. It seems all is well.

Now starts the learning curve on the new interface and trying to figure out the new possibilities of 12 vs 11

I'm sure you'll see more of me on the forum. I'm certain  I'll be running into issues I will need help on

Again you are appreciated

thanks.jpg

• 22. Re: installation problems elements 12
                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

mox90291

You have made my day with your wonderful wonderful news.

I have 2 blog posts that might be of interest as you move forward

Premiere Elements 12 First Look

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: Premiere Elements 12 First Look Details

and

Premiere Elements 12 Daily Discoveries

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: Premiere Elements 12 Daily Discoveries

We were glad for the opportunity to assist in this troubleshooting. You did a great job.

Best wishes

ATR

• 23. Re: installation problems elements 12
                                                      mox90291 Level 1

ATR, YOU are the 'Daymaker"

thanks for these links and I know we will chat again.