4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2014 12:57 PM by BLUDVLZ13

Bad photo prints on HP CP5225dn Printer

BLUDVLZ13 Level 1

Hey all,

Having an issue outputting photos on my new HP Color LaserJet P5225dn printer from Adobe products. Am curious if anyone else might have run across the same issue and possibly found a solution. Here's the background information...

Running Windows 8.1 Pro.

HP Envy Phoenix w/Intel core i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz

32 GB RAM

2TB Raid 0 HD

NVIDIA GeForce GT 640

Spyder-profiled HP Pavilion 25xi monitors (dual setup)

Running Adobe Creative Cloud (latest builds--issue present in prior versions, too).

Using HP Universal Print Driver PS (latest version--only option on Windows 8), but have tried PCL 4 and 5 drivers as well.

When printing from Adobe products, any photo seems to print without the yellow color. Color swatches and vector files print correctly. This issue seems to only apply to raster images--greens print blue, browns print purple, oranges print magenta. I have had HP support out to examine hardware of printer and everything checks out.

I have tried every combination of ICC profile, paper setting imaginable. Have tried printing as CMYK and RGB. Have reset preferences in Adobe software. Color issues are present in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator, and the images print consistently off in all products (is purple in INDD is also purple in PSD, etc.). I have reset printer to defaults. I have tried removing color management and printing. I have tried printer diagnostics. I have tried having the printer manage color. I have tried having the application manage color. Everything prints consistently wrong.

I've updated video drivers, searched for ICC profiles specific to the printer, recalibrated monitors, no dice. Funny thing is that when you take that same file and send it to another printer, it prints accurately.

Any ideas for troubleshooting are much appreciated. Any solutions would be fantastic.

Matt

Intended color

Intended Color.jpg

Printed color:

Actual color.jpg