1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 4, 2006 3:56 PM by kglad

PUBLISH FLASH SITE

liamfahy
      Hi!

I am new to Flash and I am just finishing off my first website.

This Flash site contains many separate SWF files each of which represent a new page (there are around 20 in all).

I need to find a tutorial or instructions of how to publish this site to the web.

I have the entire Studio 8 so maybe I need to use Dreamweaver?

I would also like to know how to sort out a website name (domain name) for my site which I'd like to be something like www.thebrightside.com.

PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN HELP I'D APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH.

Thanks

Liam
        • 1. Re: PUBLISH FLASH SITE
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          do you have server? if not you must first create one yourself (which isn't a profitable avenue or you wouldn't be here asking for help) or rent space on someone else's server that would host your website (a more likely prospect). (search google for "web hosting".) there are free hosting services available that you might try to get started so you can learn a little about what you want and what's worth paying for.

that would also get your started learning how to upload your website files from your computer to your server.

web hosting services would give you advice on registering a domain name (like thebrightside.com, but not that one because it's already registered). but you can also use google to search for "web site registrars").