2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2014 12:43 AM by chirrchirr

document preset migration

chirrchirr Level 1

Hi everyone,

I just installed Photoshop CC 2014 and have discovered the "migrate preset" feature. Apparently, however, that doesn't cover the two most important presets i used in Photoshop CC: document presets and save for web presets. Does anyone have a suggestion for how to migrate these? Seems strange that adobe wouldn't include these in migration. Are the preset files located somewhere?

Example photos below.

Thanks,

Quin

document preset.pngsave for web.png

• 1. Re: document preset migration
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Re: I want to migrate my custom new doc sizes from cs6 to cc/cc2014

The above seem the work for new document presets.

I have never save a Save For Web Preset so I have none to Migrate.  I just save one for CC 2014 and two new folder with all save for web preset was created for my user ID on my windows system with a bunch of  *.irs files  Including one for my named preset.  I'm going to stop after naming the folder created I don;t want to deal with the IRS.

"C:\Users\User ID\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Optimized Settings" and

"C:\Users\User ID\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Optimized Colors"

• 2. Re: document preset migration
            chirrchirr Level 1

Hey JJ,

Thanks for your help. I was able to move the document presets relatively easy. I actually only have one Save for Web preset, so it's not a big deal to recreate it in CC 2014, but I thought I would follow what you said and see if i could find my preset in one of those folders (using the OS X version of the software). Here's some screenshots of my preset, along with those folders you mentioned. I still couldn't find it.Screenshot at Jun 26 00-34-59.pngoutput.pngScreenshot at Jun 26 00-33-36.png

There's also the "edit output settings" menu that can be pulled up right next to the preset selection in the save for web dialog box, but that seems more about encoding the images with html or something.

Any thoughts?