3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2014 3:57 PM by A.T. Romano

premier 8 not  playing mov in sync

obertson

How do I get premier 8 to play a ,< mov > format in sync with the sound?

• 1. Re: premier 8 not  playing mov in sync
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

MOV is a wrapper, what is inside YOUR wrapper - Exactly what is INSIDE the video you are editing?

Codec & Format information, with 2 links inside for you to read http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1270588

Report back with the codec details of your file, use the programs below... A screen shot works well to SHOW people what you are doing

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/592070?tstart=30 for screen shot instructions

Free programs to get file information for PC/Mac http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

• 2. Re: premier 8 not  playing mov in sync
            obertson Level 1

Thanks

Im new to this, I just intsalled 8 a wk ago been sitting in a box.

My camera records in mov hd guess that is quicktime.

Quicktime will play it but I can't edit of fade.

Will see what I can find out..

• 3. Re: premier 8 not  playing mov in sync
              A.T. Romano Level 7

obertson

Lots of questions

What follows is first hand Premiere Elements information related to and specific for your Premiere Elements 8.0 Issue..

Starting with "What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 running on?" and "What is the brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded the video that you are trying to edit?"

The usual Premiere Elements 8 drill...

a. Are you working from the 8.0.1 Update? See opened project's Help Menu/Update.

b. Do you have the automatic Background Rendering and AutoAnalzyer features turned Off.

c. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer?

The specific Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 Considerations

a. What are the properties of your source media? We may be able to get all the information that we need from the brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded the video rather than going to video audio properties readout program.

b. What are you setting as the project preset in the new project dialog to match the properties of your source media?

c. With regard to out of sync audio - is your video file coming from a cell phone? If so, which one? Goes back to initial question.

d. When you hear the audio out of sync with its video, are you watching and listening to the rendered or unrendered Timeline content - that is, is there a red line over the content that you are playing back in the Edit area monitor?

Do you encounter this out of sync audio before or after you export the Timeline content, either burn to disc or file to computer hard drive?

Please review, consider, and post the requested information.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...

I just saw your reply to John. The information that you posted needs to be more specific and as requested above.