12 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2017 11:46 AM by vcatenazzi

InDesign CC 2014, no composite font editor menu

nanaGom Level 1

I installed the new verson of InDesign (InDesign cc 2014 release, KOREAN) yesterday.

and composite font editor menu is missing.

Is this just a kind of BUG?

or there is something I can do to fix this?

• 1. Re: InDesign CC 2014, no composite font editor menu
          Javed_ali Adobe Employee

Are other Japanese\Korean features showing up fine for you?

Can you also mention the platform you are using and any other prior InDesign that you may have on that system.

• 2. Re: InDesign CC 2014, no composite font editor menu
            TᴀW Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I can't tell you anything about the CJK version, but, for what it's

worth, the Middle Eastern version of ID 2014 does have the composite

font editor menu in the usual place under the Type menu.

• 3. Re: InDesign CC 2014, no composite font editor menu
              Javed_ali Adobe Employee

The Composite Font editor is present in ME versions and the CJK versions. What is asked you was that you have installed Korean and are not seeing the Composite Font Editor but are you also not seeing other Korean features in InDesign like vertical frame-grids, vertical frames etc.

I want to understand whether you have installed the correct Korean build or accidentally installed an English build on a Korean OS and hence having the UI show up as Korean but the Korean features missing.

• 4. Re: InDesign CC 2014, no composite font editor menu
                nanaGom Level 1

I use windows 8.1

and other features are now showing up either ;(..

I tried again(downloaded InDesign again) but nothing changed.

downloaded from Adobe Korea homepage, and from adobe cloud program(Korean selected).

now I think that I can't download KOREAN ver.(I don't know why..maybe system setting is wrong or something else.)

• 5. Re: InDesign CC 2014, no composite font editor menu
                  Javed_ali Adobe Employee

What went wrong i think here is that you have accidentally set your creative cloud applications language to English. You should first change the language to Korean and then try downloading InDesign.

How to check and change the language of CC App:

1. Open the CC App.

2. Go to Preferences dialog. (click on the settings icon and chose Preferences from the menu that opens)

3. Then switch to the Apps tab and check what language is listed there, if its not Koran change it to Korean.

Let me know what happensApps.PNG

• 6. Re: InDesign CC 2014, no composite font editor menu
                    rygarto Level 1

I have a similar issue, but with Chinese InDesign CC.

On one of my computers, I managed to install InDesign in both "Traditional chinese" and "English (North America)".

Now I have CC set to English UI and I can see the Composite fonts menu.

My problem is how to replicate this on another computer. Even when I install both language versions,  I get either Chinese UI with Composite fonts or English UI without the option (even if I choose Japanese paragraph composer).

Since I strongly prefer English UI, I wish there was a simple way around it (as is in Illustrator - display Asian type options).

• 7. Re: InDesign CC 2014, no composite font editor menu
                      TᴀW Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The Composite Fonts option is available also on the Middle East version

(e.g. Hebrew). The UI for that is in English. And of course, behind the

scenes these days all version support CJK.

So if all you're looking for is Composite Fonts, you could install the

ME version.

Regarding other CJK UI features, though, I don't know, but I suspect

they're not available except in the CJK version.

• 8. Re: InDesign CC 2014, no composite font editor menu
                        vcatenazzi Level 1

hello

I have a question regarding this

I need the English version of the InDesign, because of the settings of the programs for new files

but, I need the composite font windows

is there a possibility to have English InDesign WITH the compsite font menu?

when I recreate files using ME version, the default make all the files as arabic, and when I use Chinese Indesign, the automatic space between lines, default font, hypernation and other necesary tools are different of absent

thanks in advance

• 9. Re: InDesign CC 2014, no composite font editor menu
                          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Place your feature request here. Be sure to make a case why it would be useful to many people.

Feature Requests/Bug Reports

• 10. Re: InDesign CC 2014, no composite font editor menu
                            vcatenazzi Level 1

hello

I am a graphic designer, I work for a translation company in US

all the files I received are in english and the target language could be any

when this target language is Chinese or Japanese or others, I need to create a new composite font or use new old ones, to be able to mix the original typography of the client and the new text in the foreign language

other work we do is recreate the design files when the client doesnt have them (in English)

if I use a east version, I have issues with fonts, tools missing or misplacing or large space between lines, or other problems

if I use the ME version, I have other issues, alignment and numbers are recreated in Arabic, and I cannot change this settings

I was using this last months the Chinese version of Indesign, so was able to create if necesary, but .. I have lots of issues when I am not working with this languages, and

so .. I need to work in the English InDesign, but be able to open the composite font menu

is there a InDesign version to allow me this?

thanks

• 11. Re: InDesign CC 2014, no composite font editor menu
                              Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

By place your request here, I meant to point to this link, where the product managers will see it:

Feature Requests/Bug Reports

• 12. Re: InDesign CC 2014, no composite font editor menu
                                vcatenazzi Level 1

ups, sorry, I just did it

thanks!!!