1 Reply Latest reply on May 8, 2007 11:17 AM by Charles Parcell

Digital Video, QuickTime and Windows Media

rjrferreira Level 1
      I all,

i have some problems with a video.

In my director movie, i have one sprite where i need to put a movie. And this movie have interaction with the user, like play, pause, forward, increase sound....

The movie is a AVI file.

If i import the movie file like a QuickTime the sound of movie apperas miserable.
      If i import the movie like Windows Media i can't perform the interaction with the user like "sprite("movie").volume=256"
      If i import the movie like Digital Video the interaction was perfect, the sound was perfect, BUT open a pop up window with the video and next close. I don't want to appear that window! Solutions for this?

Greetings!

• 1. Re: Digital Video, QuickTime and Windows Media
          Charles Parcell Level 1
          quote:

If i import the movie like Digital Video the interaction was perfect, the sound was perfect, BUT open a pop up window with the video and next close. I don't want to appear that window! Solutions for this?

Could you be more detailed about this? What pop-up are you talking about? Screen shot might be helpful. There is no associated pop-up that comes up with digital videos by default.... ah unless it can't find the video. Is this pop-up asking to locate the video file?

When a digital video member is "imported" into Director, it is always LINKED. This means that you have to keep the video file with the DIR/DCR/DXR/Projector file. Before importing the video, place it in the locatation relative to the source file that it will ultimately be located.

In addition, you can setup the searchPaths list. Look up searchPaths in the docs.