• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DW CC 2014 Server Busy

Contributor ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I launch DW CC 2014 on my Windows 8.1 machine I keep getting a Server Busy message where I can switch to the application or try again. Eventually it goes away but it really delays the start up time on my DW application. I have added DW to the trusted applications list for Kaspersky so I don't think that is the issue. Never had this problem with the previous version of DW CC. Anybody else running into this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 211 Replies 211
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  I'm having the same problem.  I haven't found a solution yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it also seems to do it if I go away from the computer for a bit and come back. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you guys take a screenshot of the message the next time you encounter it and post it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW CC 2014 also takes forever to launch. Might be part of the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hedge,

Can you try closing all other applications that are running on your computer and let us know if you still face this problem?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have even tried rebooting the computer and only opening DW and I still get the message. No other programs running but the normal start-up programs. Takes a long time to open and be usable. Then if I leave the computer for a bit and come back the message is there again. Sometimes it pops up even when I only minimized DW for a little bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

We have logged a bug for this issue & are investigating it at our end. Till now we haven't had any luck in reproducing the issue in-house.

It would be great if you all can report the OS & version that you are on.

Thanks,

Subhadeep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need some help with something I'm seeing regarding this problem. When I try and open DW I get the Server busy dialog box, I open the task manager Applications right click on the server busy/Go to Process that takes me to Processes/Dreamweaver.exe I right click Go to Service that takes me to Services/UmRdpService which shows a status Stop. I right click on that and click Start Service and get a Dialog box stating, The operation could not be completed. The Dependency service or group failed to start. Clicking Services (bottom right) opens the Services window but UmRdpService is not listed.

I have no idea what UmRdpService is but if the service is stopped and I cannot start it and DW that won’t run is leading me to this process then I think this is a problem. What are the dependency services or groups associated with this file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2015 Mar 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the same problem even when everything else is closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it amazing that I am paying for a subscription that includes a very faulty product. To be honest, I simply just can not use Dreamweaver anymore. I rarely try to even open it because it's always the same issue. This topic has been opened since:  Hedge 23-Jun-2014 7:31 AM and nothing has changed. There's been a lot of community help and advice but little from Adobe which is incredibly disappointing.

Either kill the product or show some serious effort here. It's really becoming a joke....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I agree. It is becoming a bit farcical!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2015 Mar 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it appears we have been completely abandoned by Adobe or at least by whomever manages this thread. I was asked to send some information on February 24 and I never heard back from anyone when I called to have the problem escalated. I open DW and then use the task manager to close the Server Busy error message after 10-15 attempts DW will open but then I have to wait a minute before I try and open a file. If I jump in to quick then I get the Server Busy error from within DW and have to use the task manager to kill DW and start all over again. In all I've had as many as 35 attempts to get DW to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 30, 2015 Mar 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update. I had 3 drives in my PC. 1 SSD and 2 HDD. Whenever I was getting the server busy message I could go under my computer and open one of the 2 HDD drives and it would take 5-10 seconds for it to open the folders. Once it accessed a folder the first time though I could move around the file structure with no problems and my server busy windows stopped appearing. So I unplugged the drive that seemed to be causing DW to do this and have not seen the Server Busy message since. Take that info and do with it what you will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hedge

I informed Adobe that this problem was caused by a file/drive access issue almost 5 months ago but they have so far been unable or unwilling (not sure which is worse!) to resolve it. I have posted before on my feelings about this so will not go into them again.

In a way it has done me a favour, as it forced me to move to Sublime Text and a number of other tools which has improved my work flow (and quality to be honest) a lot.

Needless to say, I will NOT be renewing my CC subscription when the time comes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, people have reported that reported that disabling additional drives has helped. I don't have any additional drives other than my c drive. I hope it works for you but don't be surprised if it server busy comes back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 11, 2015 Apr 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to make you aware, using a virtual machine snapshot for repeated testing, I have now produced this issue with internal hard drives, external hard drives, memory cards and mapped network drives by making them unavailable at a system/driver level whilst DW is running even though there have never been DW files on them.  I have not managed to establish how DW becomes 'aware' of these locations as often they do not have any effect to begin with but from my experimentation it *seems* that once it is 'aware' of it, DW will keep looking for it. Even when the problem is established it often does not occur as soon as the drive or files source (and who knows what else may affect it!) becomes unavailable, but it is usually within 5 minutes.

I will not be looking into this issue any more. Adobe have made it clear that they are not bothered and I now only use DW for older projects, and even those I am gradually swapping over.

For anyone still having the issue, in summary:

For most people turning off power management resolves the issue but if there is some other reason (eg a network problem, driver glitch etc) DW cannot access a location (this can be ANY location and is NOT limited to locations that store DW files), either transiently or permanently then the error still occurs.

Hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2015 Apr 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks TwoSuits!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. I too have given up on getting this fixed. It appears Adobe has written this off as a feature and not a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2015 Mar 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue for me only since updates made cant get DW to work as message never goes away screen shot is exactly what I get

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is exactly what I am getting....how do I fix it.....???????????????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2015 Aug 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error:1

----------

Windows cannot access the file  for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Adobe Photoshop CS5 because of this error.

Program: Adobe Photoshop CS5

File:

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.

User Action

1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.

2. If the file still cannot be accessed and

- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.

- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.

3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.

4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.

5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data

Error value: 00000000

Disk type: 0

============================

Error:2

----------

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 12.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4bbc56b6

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc000001d

Fault offset: 0x0f1c16f1

Faulting process id: 0xa08

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0c9124b8d7ce3

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: 828ec2a9-3828-11e5-9b6e-d067e520977b

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2014 Jul 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this?! I've been through seven Customer Service calls/chats and still nothing has helped. I'm getting quite frustrated.

Fifth or Sixth time I'm dealing with this issue. Still a major issue as it impacts my business. 95% of the time I start up Dreamweaver CC I get an error message that tells me "Server Busy" error message.

I've done all of the following:

1. Restarted.
  2. Cleared My Recent Documents.
  3. Used Adobe Cleaner Tool to uninstall and then re-install the app.
  4. Turned off AVG
  5. Turned off my Windows Firewall
  6. Shared my screen with three tech support people with zero success.
  7. I do have a local Admin account created and launching the app from there "sometimes" works, but I should't have to go to another account/user to launch this one app.

I've probably done a lot more but can't remember because there's been SO much work I've had to do to make this app work. WAY more than I should when paying for a service.

Why this app? And why is this being so incredibly difficult? I'm paying for a subscription and I can't use an app that is vital to my business. I'm getting tired of this and I need it fixed ASAP!

Seven, now eight times is too many. WAY too many.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines