Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Flex Textfields in new PPAPI debugger

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have following issue with prompt in TextInput and TextArea inside popup. App built with Flex 4.6.

Image 6.png

Is that a bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that doesn't look right.  Please file a bug at http://bugbase.adobe.com/.  I tried to reproduce this yesterday with a couple Flex apps, but wasn't able to. 

Please make sure you include detailed information on the platform and if at all possible, a link that reproduces the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Added bug report:
Bug#3782659 - Wrong text displayed with embedded fonts and PPAPI

After your message I figure out that it happens only with embedded fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I updated the title to more closely reflect what the problem is.  Adobe is closed this week, but the bug has been assigned to the engineering doing the porting work for the PPAPI debugger.  It's particularly interesting because only Flex textfields appear to be affected.  My tests with standard Flash-based textfields all seem to work. 

Please keep an eye on the beta announcements.  I'll reference your bug number when it's fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeromie,

I still have this issue on Chrome version 38.0.2125.111 m and 40.0.2204.0 canary. And same result in Opera

Image 1.png

Image 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  We confirmed that it was fixed in Chrome 39.  I'm not sure what's going on with Chrome 40.  We'll take a look.

It's likely that Opera would inherit the patch from the Chromium update in a future release.  It makes sense that they would lag behind Chrome in terms of integrating fixes from the Chromium project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We took a look and were able to reproduce the issue as well.  When I looked at the Chromium bug, I thought that someone from our team had commented that it was fixed; however, it wasn't actually someone from Adobe.  We'll continue to look into this and see if we can get some traction with the Chrome team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also trying to validate this bug on my mac but am unable to get chrome to recognize the ppapi debug player. Is there a trick to getting it working other than running the installer and restarting chrome? In the chrome plugin screen I don't see any other flash player than the one that ships with chrome.

Thanks for any and all help.

Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Chrome (and what OS) are you testing with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running OSX 10.10 with Chrome Version 38.0.2125.122.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome on OSX doesn't support the PPAPI debugger yet, but Opera Developer does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply. I got it working with Opera which is great.. however it doesn't populate the flash log like the npapi plugin did.. unless its dumping those to a different location? Do I need to have a separate mm.cfg for the ppapi?

Thank you again for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem: PPAPI debugger installed on Opera Developer, working OK except the flash Logs are empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2014 Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines