7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2014 4:18 PM by Lou Y.

welcome screen never comes up when starting Pre 12

Lou Y.

At first it did but then stopped. I trashed the Prefs and no help here. I uninstalled and did a clean install and still no Welcome screen? Yes I can select it from the Help menu and tell it to start with e Welcome but it still does not appear. Anyone have a clue?

• 1. Re: welcome screen never comes up when starting Pre 12
          A.T. Romano Level 7

LouY

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on?

First go from the 12 to 12.1 Update (See Help Menu/Update).

Assuming that you are running your program on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit and that the program was installed to the default Local Disc C location

Go to

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Premiere Elements 12

and in the Premiere Elements 12 Folder are:

Adobe Premiere Elements 12.exe

and

Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Double click the Adobe Premiere Elements 12.exe file. Does the program open to its Welcome Screen?

You say that you are instructing the Welcome screen to open with Welcome screen by going to settings and selecting Welcome

Screen, followed by Done. Are you hitting Done as your final action there before you close out of the program and reopen it?

Welcome.jpg

If so, if you cannot set for Welcome Screen, can you set for Organizer or Video Editor with the Welcome Screen settings?

More later.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: welcome screen never comes up when starting Pre 12
            Lou Y. Level 1

ATR,

Wow and thank you! I am on a Mac 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB. I followed your path on my mac and went into the Application folder and within there were 3 icons which look the same but 2 have a little arrow indicating they are an alias. I tried opening Pre12 with one which is not the one I have in my dock and to my surprise there it was "WELCOME" Thank you again! I now have to figure out which of the aliases I should use but thats no problem.

I am 2 days new to Pre12. By any chance when on the timeline is there any shortcut for getting the playhead back to the start other than the mouse. It seems like this should be a most needed feature. Again, thanks for your input!

Is there a way to get email notification when a post has been answered in the forum, I can't find it..

• 3. Re: welcome screen never comes up when starting Pre 12
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Lou Y

Great news.

I am strictly an Elements Windows users but I hope to find a common ground between Premiere Elements Windows and Mac to respond to the Premiere Elements Mac questions.

On my Premiere Elements 12.1 Windows, when I want the Timeline Indicator to go back to the start of the Timeline, I hit the Home key of the computer main keyboard. If I want the Timeline Indicator to go to the end of the Timeline content, I hit the End key.

Also, if you find yourself in the middle of the Timeline content with no Timeline Indicator in sight, you can summon the Timeline Indicator to the area of the Timeline where you are by clicking on the Work Area Bar (gray area) above the Timeline.

When a reply has been placed in your thread (or a thread to which you have subscribed), you should be getting email notifications automatically on those occasions. Let me see what I can find out about the process.

Please let us know if you are OK with the above information.

Thanks

ATR

• 4. Re: welcome screen never comes up when starting Pre 12
                Lou Y. Level 1

Yes! Thank you ATR for all the help, much appreciated..

• 5. Re: welcome screen never comes up when starting Pre 12
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Lou Y

I just posted in the Adobe Comments Forum to ask about how the Adobe Forums' email notifications system works.

John T. Smith replied with how to for that. The link to the Adobe Comments Forum thread that I posted on this topic is found

Re: How do you control Adobe Forum email notifications?

ATR

• 6. Re: welcome screen never comes up when starting Pre 12
                    Lou Y. Level 1

Okay, thanks for that. I think I too will stay with the default. I just found the little box up in the right corner  (following ) where you can discontinue notifications to the thread.

• 7. Re: welcome screen never comes up when starting Pre 12
                      Lou Y. Level 1

Regarding the shortcut for the "In/Start" of the video, on a Mac, the "Q" key sends you back to the in point (Start). "Menu/Edit/Keyboard Customizations = Shortcuts!"