2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2014 2:27 PM by Dave LaRonde

AE CC 2014 Export 4:3 Anamorphic issues

Bob Vine

Downloaded the new CC 2104. Opened an existing CC project which is native 4:3 but is anamorphic 16:9 (apologies if I haven't got the lingo right !). No problems with the export in CC; the render queue churns out a 4:3 file ready to be stretched to 16:9. CC 2014 will not churn out the 4:3 file; just keeps exporting an already stretched 16:9 version. Yes it looks fine but I need to deliver it as 4:3....

Has anyone else had this problem or am I missing something very simple ! I am new to AE so apologies.

Cheers

• 1. Re: AE CC 2014 Export 4:3 Anamorphic issues
          Bob Vine Level 1

So I should have said I am using a Mac and was exporting a Quicktime file with the animation codec !

Anyway, decided to try exporting a tiff sequence and that works so will be using this from now on !

Cheers

• 2. Re: AE CC 2014 Export 4:3 Anamorphic issues
            Dave LaRonde Level 6

Check your comp settings; you might have to change the pixel aspect ratio to 1.0, i.e. a square-pixel comp.  I presume it's either 1440x1080 or 960x720.

Your media view could also be doing the stretching; if it's a common resolution like those above, it may just go ahead & stretch it.  I wouldn't be at all surprised.  As long as you have the number of horizontal & vertical pixels right, there shouldn't be any problems.