5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2014 10:17 PM by A.T. Romano

toggle track output

Photoquest8458

In adobe premier, you can click the eye on a track and "toggle track output" so you can make a track invisible, to edit another track.

i cannot seem to find this in adobe premier elements

• 1. Re: toggle track output
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Photoquest8458

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

If you have Premiere Elements 12, you would right click the clip involved and remove the check mark next to

"Enable".if you want to make the clip non functional and not viewable in the Edit area monitor.

Enable.jpg

From what you wrote it does not appear that you are after details for opening and closing tracks by clicking on the triangle to the left of the track name. Even with the closed track, you would still see its content in the Edit area monitor. And, I do not think you would be interested in taking the video clip to 0%, but....?

Please review and consider and then let us know if the above worked for you. I do not work with any version of Premiere Pro, so I cannot speak to what it is doing or not doing with a track visibility icon. I would have thought that the same Enable situation would exit.

ATR

• 2. Re: toggle track output
            Photoquest8458 Level 1

toggle view.jpg in PE there is an eye that toggles that track on or off.  so you can choose to view or not view a specific track

• 3. Re: toggle track output
              Photoquest8458 Level 1

the toggle you are showing either makes the track wider or narrower

• 4. Re: toggle track output
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Photoquest8458

There is no visibility icon in Premiere Elements as you show for Premiere Pro. Closest to what I think that you want is the right click of the

video clip or audio clip and, in the pop up, use with or without check mark next to Enable. Have you tried it?

There are all sorts of track adjustments accessed by right clicking the area where the tracks are named. Check them out. But I do not see

any of them as being what you seek. A track visibility icon may be a Premiere Pro feature but not a Premiere Elements (any version) one.

Note: If you right click the area were the tracks are named, you can select Show Audio Tracks and/or Show Video Tracks. For example, if you remove the check mark next to Show Audio Tracks, then all the audio tracks will not be seen, not just one specific one.

Are you OK with the details of what is?

ATR

Add On...You wrote

the toggle you are showing either makes the track wider or narrower

A re-read of what I wrote in context with the rest in that post will show that the use of the triangle to open and close tracks was meant to demonstrate what is not what you were seeking.

Also, is there a keyboard shortcut in Premiere Pro to activate or deactivate its track visibility icon?

• 5. Re: toggle track output
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Photoquest8458

I just got a chance to look at Premiere Pro first hand and its track visibility icon. I see that Premiere Pro also has what looks like a separate Enable feature. However, these appear to be different features with essentially the same end result "offing" the track output...black screen.

There is no track visibility icon in Premiere Elements as I have said. I still think that the closest to what you seek is the use of Premiere Elements' "Enable" with and without check mark.

In the case of both programs, I do not see the disappearance of the track structure itself or the track content displaying in the track. Rather the output to the screen is turned off.

More later.

ATR

Add On...In Premiere Elements, you can create a keyboard shortcut to Enable off and on...something like Shift+X worked for me.