No one can say publically if Adobe is working on a fix, so you might be waiting a few hours or 3 months until 8.6/9.0 comes out. It’s anybody’s guess.
If you want it to work, now, you can manually do the installation of the .8bi file and installing the DNG Converter to get the new profiles, which should be a full solution.
Follow the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:
- Quit and Relaunch CC app
- Open the Adobe Creative Cloud application.
- Mac OS: Go to the Applications folder and open the Adobe Creative Cloud alias.
- Windows 7: Go to Start > All Programs > Adobe Creative Cloud
- Windows 8: Open the Adobe Creative Cloud application from the Start Screen.
- Click the Apps tab in the Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
- Click on All Apps, then Previous Version
- Your installed CC Product would be listed, Click on Install Drop-down and then select the CC 2014 to install.
- After Successful Installation, Update your Product
Let me know if you are still not able to Update ACR.
Thank you Ashutosh.
I followed your instructions to the letter. The first time it did not work. I rebooted. The second time it did not work. I then uninstalled Photoshop and Bridge. I cold booted my computer. I followed your instructions again.
Photoshop is still running ACR 8.0.
I would resolve it over Connect, Please check your mail for details.
Problem resolved online with the help of Adobe support based in India. Very helpful and pleasant personnel. The problem solved by switching out the 8bi file for the current one as outlined elsewhere.
Thanks Adobe. I don't think that I have ever heard of a software company going to these lengths for their customers. I appreciate it.