3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2014 5:21 AM by A.T. Romano

second monitor

Mark Owen

Can monitor 2 be used for preview?

• 1. Re: second monitor
          A.T. Romano Level 7

mark owen

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

There is a significant difference in the dual monitor opportunity between Premiere Elements earlier and later than version 11.

Please review the following blog post....

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/04/pe11-dual-monitor-workflow-concerns.html

Does your computer's video card/graphics card support a dual monitor set up?

We will be watching for your follow up details. Please do not hesitate to ask if you need clarification on anything written here.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: second monitor
            Mark Owen Level 1

Windows 8 AMD guad core 8 gig ram. 500 hd.  It does support two monitors. I can stretch the desktop to my second monitor but I can't drag anything but the timeline to the second monitor. I want the preview only to appear on the second monitor.

Thanks , Mark Owen

Sent from my iPad

• 3. Re: second monitor
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Mark Owen

Thanks for the reply.

But in version 11 and 12, the dual monitor opportunity is as I have described in the blog post already cited and you have

found by observation.

You would need to go to version of Premiere Elements earlier than 11 to find the dual monitor opportunity that you

seek.

ATR