Can you be a bit more specific about how Photoshop is notifying you of the missing plug-in? What does the message say, and exactly when do you see it?
A screen grab would be ideal.
Windows 7 x64 or 32 bit?
This is the only plug-in that I see on my setup that seems to have to do with scripting. Do you have this file?
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Required\Plug-Ins\Extensions\ScriptingSupport.8li
My OS is Windows 7 64 bits.
The problem shows up when trying to install third party plugins for panels. When trying to do so with the new Extension Manager it is not successful from outside of PS CC 2014. When trying to do so from within PS CC 2014 (help/manage extensions) the following messagebox appears:
have the same problem and yes I have the scripting support files available
have you solved the problem? i have the same problem and even i have this file in right place.
Another separate issue that I have not been able to resolve is the Edit in Photoshop from LR specific to DNG files. Big delay before it opens and cannot get merge to HDR, Panorama, or layers to open at all from LR. Have tried everything that has been suggested in the forum, not sure where to turn to next.
Never had these types of problems before CC, big disappointment every time I sit down to edit!.
for me still unsolved at my desktop PC with Windows 7; I blame Windows 7 as it gives more problems since I cannot update to any of MS updates since my PC goes back to a restore-point after every update; before that fact I could run PS CS6 but also LR in 64bit mode ..... now I can only run LR 5.7 in 32 bit mode even though a complet install of the 64-bit version gave no problems or warnings of any mal-functions;
on my more up-to-date laptop with Windows 8.1 none of these problems excist !!!! Both PS CC 2014 most recent version with ACR 8.7 and LR 5.7 work with no problems !!!! that is why I came to blame Windows 7 for the problems I experienced there with LR and PS CC 2014 .....
I think the more recent versions of both Lightroom and CC 2014 are more sensitive to an incomplete Windows 7 install .....
Well that's good to know, as a last resort I have been considering a reformat and fresh install of Windows 7. I have not had any other issues with W7 but hard to believe I have to go to this extreme to fix these problems considering they did not exist with PS CC and LR4.
Still holding out for a solution before I rebuild W7!
i have try to install photoshop cc2014 version 14.00, not 14.20 (it's a problematic version); it work without any problem with Windows 7
Following measures I have done already without success:
- de-installing all Adobe Products,
- using the CC-Cleaning tool and clean up my system from Adobe,
- downloading and installing the CreativeCloud, PS CC 2014 and LR5,
All measures WITHOUT success! What went wrong, how to fix the problem?
I wish somebody can help.
I have similar problems and the cause for this problem may be as follows, based upon my analysis:
1. Photoshop CC installation program seems not having enough permission to install files into the plugin folder, so this folder is empty in my computer.
2. After I copied java plugin files from Photoshop 5.5 to this folder, Photoshop CC asked for another DLL file, which I found in Adobe Indesign CC (I believe) and and then copied it into Photoshop CC folder. I did not make it work because of error. Looking back, I beleive I did not register this DLL properly so it did not work.
3. I installed Adobe Photoshop CC in a MacBook Pro wihtout any problem.
4. The point I am trying to make is that Adoble team should look at the installation program for window and make sure the installation program would have enough permission to write files to destination folder.
5. I hope Adobe can fix this bug as soon as possible. After the update, I cannot do batch image process from Bridge to resize image files anymore, which I could do in Photoshop 5.5.