3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2014 4:53 PM by A.T. Romano

My edits don't show in the exported file

EdgarDavid

I am using Adobe Premiere Elements 10. I made a couple of edits and everything seems ok in the preview but when I export  my project my edits don't show in the video. I have a tittle that does not show, some trimming of the clips and the transitions, it just looks like if I put the clips one after another. What can I do?

• 1. Re: My edits don't show in the exported file
          A.T. Romano Level 7

edgardavid

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 10 running? And, what video card/graphics card does your computer use?

What workspace did you work in - Timeline or Sceneline?

Did you go directly from the Edit area after your edits to the Share/ are of the program  for export? Or, did you save/close the project and later

reopen the saved closed project for the export?

a. What are the properties of your source media on the Timeline

b. What did you set as the project preset

c. What are your export settings (default or customized) under Share/ ?

If you start a new project, does the same problem exist?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: My edits don't show in the exported file
            EdgarDavid Level 1

Most of what you are asking me I don't even know what it is :-)

It was exporting well , I added a couple of edits and then the problem started.

I am using a macbook pro OSX 10.9.3

16 GB RAM

2.3 GHZ core i7

i am working on timeline, trying to export to a mpg file but I have tried other formats and all of them give the same problem.

• 3. Re: My edits don't show in the exported file
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Edgar David

Let us see if we can be in sync with the details of your situation. There are certain inescapable details that we will need to bring forth.

Since you have Premiere Elements 10 on Mac computer, there is always the thought that you might have run into a computer resource

issue. Your 16 GB installed RAM is not going to help you here since Premiere Elements 10 is a 32 bit application running in the 32 bit

compatibility mode of your Mac computer with all the limitations of 32 bit.

So, first...what is the total duration of your Timeline that you are pointing to the mpg export? And, when you get to the Share/Computer/MPEG,

what are you selecting for Presets? And, after you make your selection of preset, what do you see at the bottom of that export area for the

estimated file size and the actual duration just before you hit the Save button there?

Now for what is on that Timeline in the way of formats...what are you setting for the project preset in the new project dialog that you are forced

to see at the beginning of your new project? Or, are you just clicking OK to the new project dialog so that you move into the project?

Next, what are you importing? If video, what is the brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded the video? And what is the file extension

of that video. If you have photos on the Timeline, how many and what are the pixel dimensions of the photos (width in pixels x height in pixels)?

If you start a new project do you get the same end result as with this current project, that is, does edited Timeline end up as unedited export?

In the new project route, after you have made your edits and before you leave the Edit area, go to File Menu and hit the Save button. Then move

on to Share/

It may come to deactivation of the program, uninstall, ccleaner run through, and reinstall. We might consider deletion of the Adobe Premiere

Elements Prefs file before we do that. User/User Name/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Elements/10.0 and in the 10.0 Folder

should be the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete.

Please review, consider, and then let us see what we can put together to get to a resolution to the issue.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...Are you new to this program on this particular computer? Have you ever successfully edited the Timeline and got the export

which contained all the edits you made in the Edit area?