32 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2015 4:35 AM by RhysDamagnez

Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.

susheer

I have updated photoshop cc 2014,

its keeps crashing immediately after launching the app. im using pc windows 8. Please help.

I have already uninstall old and new Photoshop and install again..

same problem.. please help

• 1. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop General Discussion forum.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
            isunshine11

The same thing is happening to me and I am running on a windows 7 PC

• 3. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
              Level 7

Check the Windows event viewer and get the detailed crash report. We need to know the name of the faulting module (but most of the time, it's your video card driver).

• 4. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
                isunshine11 Level 1

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 15.0.0.58, time stamp: 0x536b438e

Faulting module name: aticaldd64.dll, version: 6.14.10.1589, time stamp: 0x4e82ed3a

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000308c70

Faulting process id: 0x14d8

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf90ebc5f748a1

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\aticaldd64.dll

Report Id: 2803f184-fcdf-11e3-89c0-ec9a744baab7

The weird thing is CS6, which is what i was running previously still runs fine and I also installed Illustrator CC 2014 and it runs totally fine.  Photoshop opens and everything looks fine and I can even open an image if i am fast enough but about a min into it I get the "Program not responding" message and it shuts down.  It does this regardless of whether I open and image or not.  And it happens every single time I open the App so its pretty much useless to me at this point.  Thanks in advance for your help

• 5. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
                  Bags6676

I have the same issue with Photoshop. CC Worked fine on my computer and when I went to CC (2014) the application closes immediately at start-up. "Photoshop has stopped working" "A Problem Has Caused Photoshop to Work Correctly"

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 15.0.0.58, time stamp: 0x536b438e

Faulting module name: igdfcl64.dll, version: 8.1.0.2867, time stamp: 0x506355da

Fault offset: 0x0000000000806613

Faulting process id: 0x2024

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf90fcbdf87939

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\igdfcl64.dll

Report Id: fd10d3f5-fcef-11e3-be7c-54bef725ff9e

Faulting package full name:

• 6. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
                    Level 7

As the crash report says: your ATI video card driver is crashing.

Update your ATI video card driver from AMD/ATI's website.

• 7. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
                      Level 7

As you can clearly see in the crash report, your Intel video card driver is crashing.

Update your video card driver from Intel's website.

• 8. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
                        isunshine11 Level 1

Thanks Chris.  This seemed to fix the problem.  I guess I do not know how to read and understand the crash reports cause I looked at it again and I still dont know how you knew that it was an issue with the graphics card.  Anyway, thanks so much for your help.

• 9. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
                          Level 7

Look at the name of the faulting module.  If you don't recognize it, google it.

• 10. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
                            iDezign

Hi, i am having a similar issue

Faulting module name: dvacore.dll, version: 8.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x53567e84

Fault offset: 0x0000000000179ea2

Faulting process id: 0x18d8

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf94dc9ecadc7f

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\dvacore.dll

Report Id: e006024d-00cf-11e4-a5a1-14dae9078b51

Thanks for any help you can give.

• 11. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
                              iDezign Level 1

I did google the module but not sure what to do next.

• 12. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
                                Level 7

In that particular case it is an Adobe video library, but the only known crash in it right now is due to bugs in third party codecs (they return some bad info) that dvacore needs to be better protected against.

• 13. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
                                  rjbphoto1 Level 1

I'm having the same problem, this is the error report- (Photoshop opens and stays open for a few seconds, sometimes I manage to get a photo open but most times crashes before I open a picture. I have updated the video driver to no effect. Tried signing out of CC and signing back in again)

Fault bucket 9515610, type 20

Event Name: APPCRASH

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: Photoshop.exe

P2: 14.2.1.570

P3: 52f4a9f2

P4: KERNELBASE.dll

P5: 6.1.7601.18229

P6: 51fb1677

P7: 000006be

P8: 000000000000940d

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

These files may be available here:

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 1

Report Id: 13919b87-c53c-11e3-b0af-74d02b7b62d1

Report Status: 0

• 14. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
                                    Level 7

Crashes in kernelbase usually indicate a problem with a third party plugin, or a driver.

Most likely cause would be your video card driver - update it from the GPU maker's website.

• 15. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
                                      LGR23

I had the same problem with drivers. (igdfcl64.dll) Updating was no help. I went into the device manager and found two graphic options under the display category. I disabled the intel option and then was able to load PS no problem.

• 16. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
                                        kirkJ Level 1

HELP - Similar problem. Photoshop CC 14 keeps shutting down. Have rebooted. I just recently upgraded all my CC programs...

Faulting application name: wmiprvse.exe, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce79d42

Faulting module name: TdmWmiProvider.dll, version: 5.0.0.304, time stamp: 0x509cb2a5

Fault offset: 0x000000000001ad88

Faulting process id: 0x1008

Faulting application start time: 0x01cfcde5e1dd3ddc

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Dell\Dell Data Protection\Access\Advanced\Wave\Trusted Drive Manager\TdmWmiProvider.dll

Report Id: 671fc5b4-39da-11e4-84ff-b8ca3ad31544

• 17. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
                                          Level 7

That crash is from an unrelated application.

• 18. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
                                            Razor0103

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 15.1.0.148, time stamp: 0x53d97a8f

Faulting module name: igdfcl64.dll, version: 8.1.0.2817, time stamp: 0x5009ce7b

Fault offset: 0x0000000000803f33

Faulting process id: 0x974

Faulting application start time: 0x01cfcf8b3087e5c8

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\igdfcl64.dll

Report Id: 76251443-3b7e-11e4-be87-a41731ee763e

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Please explain this

• 19. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
                                              Razor0103 Level 1

Looking into this i can get lightroom to work and also camera raw but minute i open into cc it crashes please help

• 21. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
                                                Level 7

Well, it says that your Intel video card driver is crashing.

Go update the driver from Intel's website.

• 22. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
                                                  sahib

Below is crash report. Can anyone please help as I cannot read the report:

Date/Time:       2014-09-16 11:06:36 +0100

OS Version:      10.9.4 (Build 13E28)

Architecture:    x86_64

Report Version:  18

Command:         Photoshop

Path:            /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2014/Adobe Photoshop CC 2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Photoshop CC 2014

Version:         15.0.0 (15.0.0.58)

Parent:          launchd [150]

PID:             281

Event:           hang

Duration:        4.45s

Steps:           45 (100ms sampling interval)

Hardware model:  iMac14,2

Active cpus:     8

Fan speed:       1205 rpm

Free pages:      8761 pages (+5499)

Pageins:         907 pages

Pageouts:        7 pages

Swapins:         0 pages

Swapouts:        0 pages

Process:         Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 [281]

Path:            /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2014/Adobe Photoshop CC 2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Photoshop CC 2014

Architecture:    x86_64

Parent:          launchd [150]

UID:             501

Task size:       3206544 pages (-8836)

CPU Time:        0.151s

• 23. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
                                                    ramkram2007

Hi Susheer,

I am experiencing the same issue my MacBook Pro (Retina). PS 2014CC just doesn't start-up. Never had these issues in the earlier versions. Off late I am experiencing InDesign crashes which was unheard off earlier.

It has become quite frustrating off late. For last couple of days, Quick Mask is not completely visible. I get to see only patches of Quick Mask in PS CC 2014. Looks like the quality of engineering and quality control has taken a back seat at Adobe.

Earlier, Adobe was known for thorough testing and products had very few bugs. Probably, in their race to get new updates every now and then, they are releasing updates without proper testing and validation.

Hope someone from Adobe takes corrective action.

Regards,

Ram

• 24. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
                                                      Level 7

That's a hang report, not a crash - those are two completely different behaviors.

Also, we'd need to see the entire report to know what was happening (which you should post in another topic, since your problem is not related to this topic).

• 25. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
                                                        kenlangston Level 1

I don't see where to mark this as answered but customer support do fix this for me. It took hours of direct access to my laptop for them to fix it. Quite complicated and involved.

• 26. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
                                                          MyPseudonym

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 15.2.0.236, time stamp: 0x542531ba

Faulting module name: Photoshop.exe, version: 15.2.0.236, time stamp: 0x542531ba

Fault offset: 0x0000000001aee005

Faulting process id: 0x1184

Faulting application start time: 0x01cfe31fbd439ba2

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Photoshop.exe

Report Id: 33d1b7a7-4f13-11e4-be97-681729ead561

Faulting package-relative application ID:

This seems to be the problem on my side, using CC 14 to paint, and 2-3 mins into painting it crashes, i'm not sure what's causing it...
                                                          Would greatly appreciate some help, please...Thanks

• 27. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
                                                            Arpit Kapoor Adobe Employee

Make sure that your gpu drivers are up-to-date.

• Try resetting the PS preferences and check if it's an issue with corrupt preferences : http://forums.adobe.com/thread/375776
                                                            • Try to open PS in Plugin Disabled mode and check the same. For that Press Shift+PS icon and hit Yes.

If still same issue, lets optimize PS for best performance and check. http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/gpu-opengl-support-photoshop-cs4.html

~ Arpit

• 28. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
                                                              MyPseudonym Level 1

Cheers Arpit, really appreciate the help.

Just reset the preferences and it seems to be working ...I screen-record using Camtasia 8, so I originally thought it was because of that...but I've tried recording and painting again, and it seems to be working fine.

Thanks again for the help!! ^_^

- Masood

• 29. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
                                                                macbastos

I´m having this problem:

Nome de aplicativo com falha: Photoshop.exe, versão: 15.2.1.257, carimbo de hora: 0x543db972

Nome do módulo de falhas: MMXCore.8bx, versão: 15.2.1.257, carimbo de hora: 0x543dc2b0

Código de exceção: 0xc0000005

Deslocamento com falha: 0x0003f751

Identificação do processo com falha: 0xfe4

Hora de início do aplicativo com falha: 0x01cffaad3d08c413

Caminho do aplicativo com falha: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 (32 Bit)\Photoshop.exe

FCaminho do módulo de falhas: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 (32 Bit)\Required\Plug-ins\Extensions\MMXCore.8bx

Identificação do Relatório: 4f45c815-66a1-11e4-8ead-a4badb05303f

Its in portuguese but it seems the falty module is MMXCore.8bx. I google it but it no dice, they keep wanting me to install 3rd party apps... can anybody help?

Thanks!

• 30. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
                                                                  Level 7

MMXCore is a required plugin that implements the vector acceleration code for Photoshop.

A crash in there usually means that something went wrong with whatever was calling the low level functions.

Frequently we see problems crash in MMXCore because a bad call made by a third party plugin.

• 31. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
                                                                    macbastos Level 1

Thanks Chris, not sure what to do about that but turns out that my video card was making photoshop crash after a while... I turn it off in the preferences panel and now everything works nicely... probably adobe has shares in the video card manufacturers

Thanks again and hope my solution helps!

• 32. Re: Photoshop 2014 keeps crashing.
                                                                      RhysDamagnez

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 15.2.2.310, time stamp: 0x5480306d

Faulting module name: MMXCore.8bx, version: 15.2.2.310, time stamp: 0x54803980

Fault offset: 0x00014e19

Faulting process id: 0x1630

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0355f178335da

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 (32 Bit)\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 (32 Bit)\Required\Plug-ins\Extensions\MMXCore.8bx

Report Id: 31d30dcf-a169-11e4-9db1-f01faf3dbc29