Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow video play-back (After Effects)

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I've just downloaded After Effects CC and wanted to learn how to use it. I've managed to create a composition and imported a few test video footage. However, when playing the footage on the timeline or just normal preview the playback is super slow. I'm sure I've done a noob thing somewhere in the process. I am using a macbook pro 15' and have never had any play back problems or any problems with Premiere CC. So, any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

You really need to go through these resources: Getting started with After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's a "noob thing". It wouldn't hurt to read the help or you'll be forever be disappointed and never get things done. AE functions considerably different from Premiere.

FAQ: Why does RAM preview only play part of my composition?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply put, After Effects will not playback video just by hitting the play button, you have to render to RAM first. Push '0' on your numpad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really need to go through these resources: Getting started with After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, man. Appreciate the link. Will check it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE is not a video editor, that's the big surprise for most new users. You can get almost realtime playback of movies in the layers viewer but anything in the timeline must be rendered, according to your resolution settings and frame size and rates, and cached before it can be played.

AE is a huge application, unbelievably complex. After Effects is like nothing else you've ever used and it will totally max out your machine's abilities as well as totally abuse your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

Thanks for your help/advice. I will check out the links some of you have provided. I'm still learning the whole works of After Effects as I've had an interest in it for a very long time but never got around to learning it.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines