5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2014 2:51 PM by Cyndee M

ID CC 2014 UI Size

Cyndee M Level 1

In the past versions, the UI (palette sizes,titles, menu items, etc.) were always way too small. Now they are huge. Is there an in between? Can these items now be adjusted in ID CC 2014?

• 1. Re: ID CC 2014 UI Size
          rajsre Adobe Employee

Win or Mac?

If Win: please check the "set custom text size (dpi)" of the display.

Screen resolution > Make text and other items larger or smaller > what is the % setting here?

If it is 125%, please try setting it to 124% by clicking "Set custom text size (dpi)" on left pane.

• 2. Re: ID CC 2014 UI Size
            Cyndee M Level 1

Win, and that did fix it. It is now the same size as ID CC. However, what I'd really like to do is make it something in between the too -- I find the CC interface too small. Is it possible to adjust the size in CC 2014? And why in the world would such a strange fix be needed?

• 3. Re: ID CC 2014 UI Size
              rajsre Adobe Employee

The Win HiDPI support now scales ID UI to 150% as the first scale level over 100%. There is no support for 125% in current release, or for any other intermediary scale levels other than 150% and 200%.

• 4. Re: ID CC 2014 UI Size
                mbuenzli Level 1

I agree. At my monitor's highest resolution capability (920x1080) with text and other items increased to 125% (which is comfortable for viewing ALL other applications on my system) InDesign and Illustrator's UIs are HUGE with very little room for the actual artwork, Photoshop on the other hand it still too tiny to comfortably view.

So, to make InDesign and Illustrator look halfway normal, I have to drop my screen resolution down to 1600x900.

I would really like to see the three applications consistent in their UIs and also a better way to compensate for resolution and large monitors (and aging eyesight ).

• 5. Re: ID CC 2014 UI Size
                  Cyndee M Level 1

Personally, what I'd really like is for each application to have its own adjustable UI settings.