• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author.

Engaged ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been building a site in Muse successfully until today when I get this error message in the browser, publishing to business catalyst as a test bed:

Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author.

Clearing the cache has no effect and I have checked the assets and there are no error symbols. This happened after trying a google translate code in the <head> and a HTML snippet on the master template, I've since removed it but that the last action I took that I can think may have had an effect.

Viewing the source of the page in Safari hash;t helped other than it shows ALOT of html (including some elements i can;t relate to in my site design) and states there are three errors:

[Warning] Invalid CSS property declaration at: ; (index.html, line 1)

the site is Kingsdown Holiday Homes - Self Catering Chalet Rental at Kingsdown Park, Kent | Home

I started this site in Muse CC and then recently upgraded to Muse CC 2014, and I had install issues so deleted the original program (this then forced the download of the new version which was not automatically downloading even though CC notified me that an update was required.

Any information gratefully received.

Thanks,

Andrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Most of the bugs with this issue have been fixed in the 2017.0.2 update released on February 13. Please update to the latest version and let us know if you are still facing this issue. Muse 2017.0.2 is now live

If you continue to face this issue, see the solutions in Some files on the server may be incorrect or missing

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser and browser version are you using to view the page?

How are you connected to the internet? Is it through a cellular data network?

FWIW, this page doesn't display any error dialog when I view it. However, we're aware that this warning alert can be falsely triggered when viewing a site in Chrome on Android over a cellular connection, or when viewing in any browser over the O2 cellular network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zak,

I'm grateful for your reply - yes I am in fact tethering from the latest version of Safari on my MacBook Pro through my 4G connection on my - guess what - O2 mobile phone.

I can now confirm that viewing it on Safari on my iPhone over Wi-Fi does not present the problem however viewing it over cellular data does.

i'm pleased this is a known issue to a degree ,but I was hoping to publish the completed site soon receive this would be a bit of a barrier for mobile 02 users is there a workaround you can suggest please?

Thanks again for your attention to this, much appreciated.

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send me an e-mail at muse-support@adobe.com along with a link to this thread (and note whether you're on Mac or Windows) and I can supply a file and some instructions that will enable you to turn off the checking code that triggers this assert (until we have an update that modifies that code to compensate for the O2 and Chrome Mobile cases).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same error message with my site when I open in any browser.  Our site is at www.sugarcanegames.com.  Please let me know what is causing this problem. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice site, something like that is my next project after I've migrated my clients site as above. Zak has kindly emailled me a workaround file to place into Preferences, but that hash;t resolved it for me - I will post a summary once I get to the bottom of this as I would;t want to speak on behalf of Zak just yet when he is working to resolve the issue - at least for the O2 issue.

Have you checked any assets that have become unlinked?

PS i wrote the in-race music for Slingshot Racing on iOS and Android, which has asynchronous play, so nice to see what you are doing too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  I've played Slingshot Racing-- that's cool you did the music!

I did check to see if assets unlinked-- I don't think that's the problem.  I added some html and CSS to use a Google Webfont-- this was working when I was using the previous version of Muse, but now it is feeding me the "Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect...." error.  This error does not show up when I am not replacing the font with my custom code.

I'm also seeing this in Chrome when I do 'Inspect Element':  "'webkitRequestAnimationFrame' is vendor-specific. Please use the standard 'requestAnimationFrame' instead."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your case the issue is different.

It appears your index.css file was manually edited with the end result being invalid css.

The two lines:

@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto:300);

@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto:100);

in your index.css file need to be above the line ".version.index /* version checker */" or below the first closing brace "}".

- Zak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Zak!  I actually just figured it out and was coming here to report my findings, but you beat me to it!  I really appreciate your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zak,

I too am getting the error message "Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect......" since upgrading Muse to the latest version.  The site has been working fine previously, how do I find where the issue is?

I did notice that on export, muse changed some file names that had brackets.  I have since changed these file names, and any references I can find to them, back to have brackets but I am still getting the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be the offending line:

(Muse.assets.outOfDate.length||Muse.assets.required.length)&&alert("Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author.")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to delete this line on every page of my website to get rid of the message.  It would be good to know why it's there, my skills with jQuery aren't great but to me it seems like this line is executed regardless of any other conditions, surely then a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

finchy, are you viewing the site over an O2 cellular data connection? If not, are you viewing the site on an Android device in Chrome over a cellular connection?

If the answer to both is no, then one of two things are true. Either there is a file that's missing or out-of-date, which will likely lead to incorrect behavior on your site, or you're viewing the site with a browser and ISP connection that's altering the files that were uploaded which causes the page to falsely report that some files are missing.

The manual change you've made removes this check for missing or out of date files and thus avoids the alert, but there may in fact be a .css or .js file missing or out-of-date and that would result in correct behavior of your site which may be difficult for you to detect without examining and manipulating all the content of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zak,

I have tried viewing the site in several browsers from my windows 7 pc which has a wired broadband connection, all of which  come up with the same error.  Is there a way I can find out which files it thinks are missing or old?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zak,

It sounds like you're the man I need to speak to... can you take a look at my 3 sites which are suffering and let me know what I can do:

http://www.harmonybasingstoke.co.uk/

http://bds.designbysophie.com/

http://littleducklings.designbysophie.com/

Any help greatly appreciated!

Sophie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi sophie,

Thanks for joining in. I see that the last two of your sites display the error message for me - even though I am not accessing them through a mobile connection. Have you checked the assets window for those sites to see if anything has an error?

My most recent site is still presenting the error, too, at www.lisacutts.co.uk, but fine on a non mobile connection.

Kind Regards,

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having this problem on my site (www.nautiquesolutions.com) and im viewing on my web browsers like safari, chrome and firefox on MAC.

Anybody can help?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew, yes that was the first thing I did and then checked the assets again when I had read the replies in this thread.

All appears to be where it should be - I think it is definitely something to do with the Muse CC 2014 update as all my other sites - still using the older version of Muse - are fine.

Any advice greatly received but in the mean time I am downgrading back to the old version as I can't afford to have this kind of thing happening to my clients.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i see. I would do the same but i trashed the older veraion to force the CC installer to download the new one - is there an old link for the old version anywhere?

Thanks,

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved my problem! I had used  muse CC on my site, than tried Muse CC 2014 to upload some new content. Some old sites, made on muse CC, may not work on muse cc 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luckily I have the previous version in my Time Machine 🙂

unfortunately the new files aren't reverse compatible, so I will have to rebuild the sites, but pending a fix, this is my only option until this is sorted..

Is there any update Zak?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have that problem with Muse cc 2017

This is my website: http://kami.cf

i tried deleting the script from the .html but when i do that the images don't show up. i really don't know what to do there are no files missing at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, Thanks, yes is was great fun, the title music is someone else's but other than that, its all mine. Kudos to Snowbolt Interactive for the cool game 🙂

I'm still getting the error over the O2 cellular connection and was advices by Zak to overwrite the app window.xml file with one I was sent, in ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Adobe Muse CC/2014.0

There was no existing file in there already, but this hasn't resolved the issue, so awaiting the next steps.

Good to be part of a support-led forum and have this contact with the debs, I am finding, and am hopeful for a resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2014 Jun 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same error message appear. May we have very clear steps as to how to resolve this easily?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2015 Mar 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zak,

I originally uploaded www2.csudh.edu/tsr to business catalyst to have my colleagues give feedback... (I don't anything about coding) After uploading to the university server, the address is www2.csudh.edu./tsr/index.html (I don't know if this is relevant).  I read through earlier threads and saw you recommended checking the JavaScript console... I don't know what any of it means, but when I looked, it looked like a slew of errors... I have never manually edited anything-- just took it down from business catalyst and uploaded via the Muse FTP client to the URL above. Tho'ts?

Thanks,

Jill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines