1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 25, 2014 2:54 PM by A.T. Romano

trimming clips - what am I missing ??

houdidontblog Level 1

Untitled-2.jpg

Why can I not trim these clips to the start of the wave form audio or even move the cursor to where the wav starts.  It snaps to either side and is utterly useless to me.  I know its something Im doing or not doing but it was never this difficult with Premiere Pro. My cursor snaps to the white marks on the timeline - surely there is a way to move it around to exactly the spot I want to split the clip at.    Please tell me where the heck Im going wrong ??  Thanks !!

Running Windows 7 and Elements 12

• 1. Re: trimming clips - what am I missing ??
          A.T. Romano Level 7

houdidontblog

Let us try this. Referring to your posted screenshot...

Hit once the Page Down key of your computer keyboard. The Timeline Indicator will move to the spot where you have it to

the beginning of the clip on Video 1/Audio 1.

Hit once the Page Down key of your computer keyboard. The Timeline Indicator will move to the beginning of the clip on Video 2/Audio 2.

Now (assuming that you want to cut everything at that spot, click on the scissors tab on the stem of the Timeline Indicator. Instead of

clicking on that Timeline Indicator scissor tab, you can just use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+K.

Also, explore using the arrow keys to move the Timeline Indicator from spot to spot on the Timeline.

Are you OK with those details and what else needs to be done at the time?

Please do not hesitate to ask questions or to ask for clarification.

Thank you.

ATR