7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2014 11:48 AM by bogiesan

Need someone to help

svester12

I need someone who can help me make something like the 4th intro here Top 10 Free Intro Templates "After Effects Intro Template" no plugins [HD] - YouTube at 1:04. And then who can maybe spend some time on Skype or some such place to teach me the basics. I can't pay cash but I'm willing to trade services or be as much help as I can with other things.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Need someone to help
          Jon-M-Spear Level 4

1.  3D layer / Particle generator

2.  3D layer / Particle generator with fractal noise

• 2. Re: Need someone to help
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Start with a solid layer.

Add Effects>Simulation>Foam

Edit the universe size, bubble type, physics, and probably use an ellipse shape layer with a radial gradient fill as a custom bubble

Add a Rectangular shape layer with a gradient fill for the background

Add another Rectangular shape layer with a gradient fill set to the screen or add blend mode to simulate the fog

There you go. It will just take some experimenting with Foam to reproduce this effect exactly. Physics, wind speed and direction, location and size of the producer point are critical to controlling the bubbles. Universe size must be increased if you want to move the producer point outside the layer.

That's the intro to section 4

The actual section 4 looks like Card Dance to me rather than Shatter.

Screen Shot 2014-06-26 at 10.39.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-06-26 at 11.21.35 AM.png

Here's a CS6 project to play with.

There are several good Card Dance tutorials on the web.

Here's one from a long time ago by my friend Brian Maffit, one of the guys that developed the effect.

Video Tutorial: Card Dance Animation in After Effects 5

• 3. Re: Need someone to help
              bogiesan Level 4

You mean the generic intro or the specific item at 1:04? That uses Shatter. Suggest you search the forum for SHATTER and you should find recent links to Brian Maffitt's original Shatter training clips on youtube. Shatter is really cool. It's really hard. There's no way I could explain it to you on the phone.

• 4. Re: Need someone to help
                svester12 Level 1

Yeah, sorry I meant the specific one at 1:04 the white one that I think you called shatter.

• 5. Re: Need someone to help
                  bogiesan Level 4

The background could be found footage just out of focus. The Shatter piece uses the camera movement options in Shatter. I'm still trying to figure out how they made the pieces come back together. However, if these are free, why not just download the package and deconstruct them?

• 6. Re: Need someone to help
                    Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm pretty sure the effect is Card Dance. You can do it all in Card Dance.

Shatter would involve a pre-comp and time remapping and a bunch of other things. Card Dance requires a gradient (used a shape layer and Fractal Noise) and animating a few parameters.

Dropbox - cardDanceOnText.aep

• 7. Re: Need someone to help
                      bogiesan Level 4

Roger that, Rick. Card Dance it is. I tend to think of every breakup-style effect as Shatter. Card Dance has a camera ovement function, too. Great fun.