4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2014 2:04 AM by BobSmithIV

Is there any way to open a project created in v2 in v3?

BobSmithIV

As the title says.  I'm trying to open a project that looks like this in v2:

PdU3PIv.png

but when I open it in v3 it looks like this:

2jLy9sD.png

Any hints on what I can do to fix this?

• 1. Re: Is there any way to open a project created in v2 in v3?
          jbowden Adobe Employee

Hi there,

There was a bug in earlier versions of Animate with min/max width that tripped up EA3. I can give you the workaround which involves editing the project's _edge.js file, but I can also tell you this has been fixed in Edge Animate CC 2014, the current version of Edge Animate.

Can you install the latest release build and try opening your file from there?

hth,

Joe

• 2. Re: Is there any way to open a project created in v2 in v3?
            BobSmithIV Level 1

I'll talk to my supervisor about updating the version for sure; in the meantime if you could describe/link me to a description of the workaround that would be fantastic, thanks. 

• 3. Re: Is there any way to open a project created in v2 in v3?
              jbowden Adobe Employee

Hi Bob,

No problem, but let your supervisor know the latest version is a free upgrade if you're a CC customer, and it has some awesome new features.

Anyway, I couldn't find my original post on this, but here's the workaround for EA3:

1. Close EA3 if it is running, and make a copy of your composition folder for safety on your system
              2. Go to your composition folder, and open your compositionName_edge.js file in a text editor
              3. Do a search for the word "source" (sans-quotes) - you're looking for a line that looks like this: source:['83px','','',''],  note: (your pixel value will vary)
              4. Delete that entire line. Search the rest of your document for any other similar lines that begin with "source", and do the same
              5. Save the file
              6. Re-open your composition in EA3

That should solve the problem, allowing the composition to load fully. For anyone else reading, there's no need for this workaround if you open the composition in Edge Animate CC 2014.

hth,

Joe

• 4. Re: Is there any way to open a project created in v2 in v3?
                BobSmithIV Level 1

That's fantastic, it works perfectly now, thanks a lot!