I'm getting the same problem. I thought I'd check it out since I'm unable to sync my add-ons from the online library. But Ext Mgr won't start, just hangs like Mike is saying.
Please try to run EM as administrator firstly.
1. Run "/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app".
2. Input the following command then press "Return" key. Don't miss the double quotation marks.
sudo "/Applications/Adobe Extension Manager CC/Adobe Extension Manager CC.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Extension Manager CC"
3. Input password of administrative user then press "Return" key.
If it works, you can try to run EM in normal way.
If it doesn't work, please generate log files and send it to email@example.com.
1. In Terminal window, run the following commands in turn:
cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Extension\ Manager\ CC/
2. Open Finder, hold down "option" key, click menu "Go"->"Library" to go into hidden Library folder, then go to its subfolder "Application Support/Adobe/Extension Manager CC/Log", check whether file ExManCoreLibLog.YES exists.
3. Launch EM.
have you rebooted your machine? If not, please reboot first. Otherwise please follow my previous post.
Carl, running the CLI commands launched EM fine. But, when I tried to run it normally from the application folder, it now hangs on loading extensions with a spinning wheel of death. A bit different than before. yes, I had rebooted a few times and tried to run first thing after the reboot. t of
I will gen up a set of logs and send them over to you.
So now it starts fine after creating the log file. Go figure. Magic
It works now after installing the update from yesterday for EM:CC
My log is there and this is what it says.
[Warning] Wed Jul 02 11:01:47.596 2014 (ExchangeAppHook.cpp, 116) -onSignIn: Journel event came before sign-in finished! Or get entitlment flag is set
I can't get past the spinning clock and frozen progress bar.
Please update to latest Extension Manager 7.2.1 which have fixed this issue.