6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2014 4:10 PM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Premiere Elements 12- Activating on two computers?

Jmkaden

Hello, I have a personal laptop not used for work that runs windows 7. At work, I work on a Windows 8 tower. I am trying to figure out if there is going to be any issues if I purchase Adobe Premiere Elements 12 and install it on both machines. Somewhere it said that you can't run them at the same time? Is this true? Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12- Activating on two computers?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Jmkaden

According to the Adobe information, you can have your purchased serial number (activated) on no more than two of your computers. And, not run at the same time.

QuickTime is a requirement for Premiere Elements and both need to be run from a User Account with Administrative Privileges. All well and good for the personal computer not used at work. But, what control does the company have over the Window 8 tower? Will you be able to run Premiere Elements on that Windows 8 tower from a User Account with Administrative Privileges (maybe even requiring Run As Administrator)?

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12- Activating on two computers?
            Jmkaden Level 1

I won't be able to have admin access on the work pc. I was also told that the restriction to running both is not true if both systems run the same OS. Is that not true?

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12- Activating on two computers?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

jmkaden

This is not Adobe. User to user. If you need Adobe confirmation about its licensing agreement, then you need to contact Adobe. Have you contacted Adobe Sales about this question?

As far as I have known and seen written, if you have the purchased and have an activated serial number on more than 1 computer, you cannot run both programs (with same purchased activated serial number) at the same time. So my interpretation of that is.... if no one is running the program at home, you should be OK running the program at work. But, if you cannot get Admin Access at work you have hit a block with regard to Premiere Elements and QuickTime requirement for the User Account with Administrative Privileges and Run As Administrator.

With regard to

I was also told that the restriction to running both is not true if both systems run the same OS. Is that not true?

I have not heard that. Based on what has been reported here in the forums, I would say that information is false.

You might be confusing another issue...not sure. Premiere Elements Windows projects cannot be used with Premiere Elements Mac and vice versa.

Later tonight I will pull my Premiere Elements 12 installation disc and see if I can find a copy of the Licensing Agreement.

More later.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12- Activating on two computers?
                Jmkaden Level 1

Thanks so much. I tried to find some kind of information anywhere to contact sales and it just kept directing me here. So I figure I'd post.I appreciate you helping me out.

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12- Activating on two computers?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Jmkaden

While I am looking for the Premiere Elements 12 Licensing Agreement, you might want to try to contact Adobe via Adobe Chat

Contact Customer Care

I am not sure if the link above will hold the page set that I assigned it, but, if you have to do some navigating once the web page opens, you want to end up looking at the following and clicking on the Adobe Chat panel.

AdobeLicense.JPG

More later.

ATR

• 6. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12- Activating on two computers?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

jmkaden

I just now found the following Adobe document online and it is confirming what I have been telling you

End-user license agreements FAQ

Excerpt from above link

Can I use my software on two computers?

If you own, or are the primary user of, a single-user or volume license Adobe product that is installed on a computer at work, you can also install and use the software on one secondary computer of the same platform at home or on a portable computer. However, you may not run the software simultaneously on both the primary and secondary computers.

No more than one user can use a single-user license Adobe product.

Note: AVL customers have to buy two different licenses to use both operating systems, even if they have two different computers. They can only use the same license on another computer (not simultaneously) with the same platform at home.

For more information regarding Adobe's activation policy, including recent changes, see the Product Activation FAQ.

ATR