Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player for Mozilla (ver.30) will not download

Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While Mozilla's "Check your Plugins for updates" finds that Flash Player and Shock Wave Flash both need updating, and send me to Adobe to get the updates (14.0.0.125)... DOES depend on which link I click as to if I get the option to install McAfee* (not* or GoogleChrome* + GoogleToolbar (not* + Not*)**. Then I have an "Install Now" button to click, which will ask to save the file (saves as <install_flashplayer14x32ax_gtbd_chrd_dn_aaa_aih.exe> for the 'Google' options download)....(saves as <install_flashplayer14x32_mssd_aaa_aih.exe> for the "McAfee" options dnld).

When I hit 'run', the Adobe Flash Player Installer window opens up ... (a smaller window, only to show progress I assume) and just sits there, blank... forever... doing nothing - until I am forced* to ctrl+alt+delete end the process (the Only way to stop it**)... and when I checked, the 'saved file' is gone as well.

I WAS* able to finally upgrade my Adobe FP (for InternetExplorer* only) with a link that m_vargas was kind enough to send (after I posted to the wrong area/discussion), so I'm posting my Mozilla issue here (hoping This is the correct place to post the question).

I am currently experimenting on another page trying to find the page, link, file name that has the 'McAfee' options... (but in the end, it does Exactly the same thing, & won't upgrade either). Surely, I am not the only one that is having this issue, but I see no other posts about a 'Mozilla' issue like this... so maybe I AM in the wrong area.

...ok... the "Google" link comes from using the IE Tab options or using IE itself to get to "http://get.adobe.com".... while the "McAfee" options link/page comes from using Mozilla to get to the "http://get.adobe.com" page.             BUT like I said..... NEITHER page/link result in getting FP upgraded.   

AND*, doing the "clean install" resulted in ALL* of my saved versions of flash player getting wiped out ... GONE* ... from my computer.

So, I am hoping someone knows m_vargas, or is as smart as they seem to be, and know of a 'Good' link for the MOZILLA FP upgrade (whether it's Flas* or ShockWave... I finally read somewhere that they are the same..*).

Thanks,

john253

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You, Pat ... this link worked perfectly*! ... now** when I "check for updates" , all is Good.

It only took ~a month but thanks to you & m_vargas I finally got both IE and* Mozilla's FP updated.

Really beginning to wonder if I'm going to Have* to use ...something*... to get past XP*.

Staying up-to-date getting harder and harder.

anyway- thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, P please help. Flash will not download. Firefox is blocking. The link for offline u suggest, is not found, give me an addr or something. Ive tried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines