2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2014 8:46 PM by third unkle

C4D scene data importing incorrectly CC2014

third unkle Level 1

Having some frustrating results importing scene data into an AE project with the new CC2014. At first I thought it was a frame rate issue, but fixed all that, started afresh but still problems. I have rendered passes that match the C4D project import, but when I extract the scene data the lights don't match the scene... just slightly out as if the time codes aren't quite matching. Repeated the process in AE CC (previous version) and no problems with everything working as expected. Is this a bug or am I missing something? Have yet to try a different project. Anyone else having similar issues? cheers. Pete

• 1. Re: C4D scene data importing incorrectly CC2014
          third unkle Level 1

After further investigation it would appear that when you import or create a C4D file in AE, AE automatically imposes a 30fps independently of either the AE project it's created from or the C4D project it's importing. No problems for anyone working in 30fps, but over in PAL land it creates all sorts of problems if you pre render your passes and bring those into AE and replace the C4D extracted passes and add scene data such as lights etc... all very confusing... can Adobe and Maxon please fix this help out the brothers in PAL land.

cheers Pete

• 2. Re: C4D scene data importing incorrectly CC2014
            third unkle Level 1

This is getting quite confusing. Getting different results on imports re frame rates. Don't understand what's going on here... anyone in PAL land have any definitive answers re the correct procedure to get all the ducks to line up?

cheers Pete