11 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2014 6:00 AM by A.T. Romano

My film is 2 hours, but Windows shows 4 hours.

Koolmees37 Level 1

My film is finished and it takes 2 hours. I like to upload the film to Youtube and I see Windows shows the film is 4 hours. I am afraid people will see 4 hours and will not watch. The film stops after the normal 2 hours. How can I make a film of 2 hours of it?

• 1. Re: My film is 2 hours, but Windows shows 4 hours.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Koolmees37

Please go back to the project.prel file from which your export was derived. Go to the Expert workspace Timeline, press the End key of the computer keyboard. Does the Timeline Indicator stop at the 2 hour mark on the timecode 02;00;00;00 which should represent the end of the last clip in the Timeline content or does it go beyond that?

ATR

• 2. Re: My film is 2 hours, but Windows shows 4 hours.
            Koolmees37 Level 1

When I go to the end on 2.00 and I press on End, the cursor jumps to 4.08???

• 3. Re: My film is 2 hours, but Windows shows 4 hours.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Koolmees37

You apparently have a clip or clips or fragments at the 4.08 time.

Expand the Timeline with the -+ slider above the Timeline and inspect that 4.08 location for these

possibilities. If you do not see an obvious clip on any of the tracks in that area, then look for very thin

black vertical lines scattered on the tracks. The represent left behind clip fragments. All the debris needs to be deleted

at that 4.08 time.

Then try the End Key of the computer keyboard and assure it stops at the 2 hour mark before you

continue in the program.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: My film is 2 hours, but Windows shows 4 hours.
                Koolmees37 Level 1

I see the black line, but it will cost a lot of time to put it to the left, to 2.00. Is there a faster way?

• 5. Re: My film is 2 hours, but Windows shows 4 hours.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Koolmees37

All you want to do is to delete that black line, not incorporate it into the 2 hour content which you have established.

Just expand the Timeline to the max, position the mouse cursor tip on that thin black vertical line, right click the thin black vertical line, select and click on

Delete from the pop up menu.

I am not understanding why you would consider moving it to the left to 2.00. Does your 2.00 content indicate that something

is missing?

Please review and consider. We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: My film is 2 hours, but Windows shows 4 hours.
                    Koolmees37 Level 1

My problem is I don't see a thin black line. So I don't know where to click to get a pop menu.

• 7. Re: My film is 2 hours, but Windows shows 4 hours.
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Koolmees37

Are all the tracks, video and audio, in the opened configuration.

Back in post numbered 4, you did write

I see the black line, but it will cost a lot of time to put it to the left, to 2.00. Is there a faster way?

How is it that you are not seeing it now?

Forget about the fragments, the black lines for the moment. Let us do this, double check that there are no regular clips out there at 4 hours. Go over each track and make sure there is no video and audio clips that got pushed some how to 4 hours to get them out of the way when you were doing some editing on the regular 2 hours project.

How many tracks did you use in this project? Just Video 1/Audio1 or more?

If all else fails, would it be possible for you to post a screenshot of the Timeline opened and expanded to the max

at the 4 hours mark where the Timeline Indicator is going when you hit the End key of the computer keyboard?

Please review and consider and then we will find some way to remove whatever is at the 4 hours mark of that

Timeline.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: My film is 2 hours, but Windows shows 4 hours.
                        Koolmees37 Level 1

I meant a black line, but later I realised myself it was not a thin  line. I unse two lines indeed, audio and video, but for text a third video line.  I don't see clips or pieces of clips after the two hours.

This is the end of the time line.

1.jpg

• 9. Re: My film is 2 hours, but Windows shows 4 hours.
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Koolmees37

Do not give up. There is something at that 4 hour Timeline mark, and we will find it.

How many tracks do you have in your project, 3 or more?

1. Make sure that the -+ slider is set at all the way to the right (max expansion).

2. Hit the End key which should send the Timeline Indicator to the fault end of the Timeline (that 4 hour mark).

3. With your mouse cursor, click on the top of the Timeline so that the tip of the mouse cursor look like two horizontal lines with a vertical arrow

through it middle and then drag the Timeline upward as far as you can it should look like the following screenshot.

Before.JPG

In the screenshot above, I have not yet expanded the Timeline with the -+ slider. And, where it says "False End Nothing Showing" is a clip

with 1 frame duration (0.03 seconds) which is not visible. In this case, I worked with only Video 1/Audio 1. So, I have not opened the other

tracks to see what is there. You might have to open all the tracks if you used more than Video 1/Audio 1 or you are not finding anything on

Video 1/Audio 1.

Now I moved the -+ slider all the way to the right (max Timeline expansion) and then was able to see this 1 frame (0.03 second) clip that

was giving me the "False End Nothing showing". See next screenshot.

After.JPG

After you right click this clip giving the False End and select Delete from the pop up menu, you can get your workspace back to "normal" by

going to the Window Menu and selecting "Restore Workspace". If you do not find anything on Video 1/Audio 1,

then you have to open every track (video and audio) and inspect reach.

Please let me know if this worked for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 10. Re: My film is 2 hours, but Windows shows 4 hours.
                            Koolmees37 Level 1

I got it. Thank you very much!!!!

• 11. Re: My film is 2 hours, but Windows shows 4 hours.
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Koolmees37.

Great news. Great job.

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR