1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 27, 2014 8:32 PM by JJMack

Can you lock aspect ratio, define border and image size with automated BatchCropStraighten?

PaulSinyard

Hello everybody,

I need to crop and straighten a load of scanned rectangular stamps that will start as a single scanned image, and I want to lock the aspect ratio to 1:1, define the top border size (such that the the borders on the sides will be bigger than those top and bottom) and specify the output image size.

Does anybody know if this is possible using the automates BatchCropStraighten function?

Thanks,

Paul

• 1. Re: Can you lock aspect ratio, define border and image size with automated BatchCropStraighten?
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

paulsinyard wrote:

Does anybody know if this is possible using the automates BatchCropStraighten function?

I know of no BatchCropStraighten feature in Photoshop.  Photoshop has a Plugin CropPhotosAuto that you access through menu File>Automate>Crop and Straighten Photos.

On my windows system its "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Required\Plug-Ins\Automate\CropPhotosAuto.8li". This plug-in is designed to help you scan several image with a single scan. All the plug-in does is to look at the current active document looking for what appears to be a scanned image and to create an additional document that contain a straighten version of the image the size of the image. No files are created nothing is saved only one document is processed even if you had several scans open in Photoshop.  When the Plug-in ends the current active document is the last document the plugin created.

You may be able to program a Photoshop script that would fit the create documents to some size then add canvas that would make all the documents have the same Aspect ratio and size. The borders added would be equally sizes on opposite sides top and bottom the same left and right the same.  However the image aspect ration inside the borders may vary.

I created a fake scan with five simulated images. Not straight and not all rectangles  and duped the document so two would be open the used File>Automate>Crop and Straighten Photos when the process finished I spread out the document so you could see all that are open in this screen capture.

Capture.jpg