3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2014 8:28 AM by Paevo Kelley

Drag and drop form builder

Paevo Kelley Level 2

Does anyone use a drag-and-drop form builder that they could recommend? I've looked at a couple such as Coffee Cup which looks pretty good but is a bit pricey.

• 1. Re: Drag and drop form builder
          Nancy OShea Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I've never needed one.  IMO, forms -- especially HTML5 forms -- are not that difficult to make.

Making HTML5 Forms in DW CC (video)

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-dreamweaver-cc/html5-forms-workflow/

If you have built a few forms, it's usually just a matter of copying & pasting existing code into your new pages and adjusting a few field input names and script variables. 

The last time I looked at Coffee Cup's Form Builder, it produced Flash forms *yuck*.  I don't know if it still does.

Nancy O.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Drag and drop form builder
            Tropical Soul Level 2

Coffee cup is brilliant and worth every penny. Started using it when adobe dropped spry. No flash there at all Nancy that I know of. Easy to use, responsive and even easier to edit definitely worth the bucks. You don't need  any server side code either. So easy.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Drag and drop form builder
              Paevo Kelley Level 2

Yes, standard contact forms are easy, but more extensive forms can be tedious. Additionally, I've had issues with the Spry validation features in DW.

My main gripe is that if I create forms in Joomla or Wordpress I know I can use a drag-and-drop extension that is both reliable and fast. If I have problems or want to further modify, then  I can dive into the code if I want to.

If it is standard for these CMS, I don't understand why this can't become a standard feature in DW.