• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error trying to generate custom layouts from command line

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have project with about 150 topics.  The projects outputs 6 different sub-projects into different folders, and each sub-project is defined by its own TOC and Layout on the Singe Source Layout pod.  Each custom layout in the pod has its own name: S1 - S-3 and T1 - T3.  Everything works fine and dandy when I use batch generate to compile all 6 version from the Single Source Layout pod.  However, I can't seem to successfully generate any of my custom layouts from the command line:

For example, I enter:

RHCL "C:\Edvation\Magnolia\Edvation.Magnolia\Edvation Help (Master)\Edvation Help (Master).xpj" -l S1

and it then tells me that Layout "S1" does not exist.  Yet, it then lists the existing layouts, and sure enough, S1 is right there.  This happens for all of the layouts with custom names I've created.  I can, however, generate the default layouts, as long as I haven't made any changes to them (e.g. if I try to generate the "Adobe Air" or "eBook" layout from the command line, that works fine.)

error1.png

I dug around the project folder to see where these custom layouts are stored, and the S1.ssl file appears to be in order, but I did notice the rhlayout.apj data does not match the updated names of my custom layouts.  Could this file be corrupted somehow?  Is there somewhere else I need to add the custom-named .ssl file names so that the command line can find it?

I also tried creating a brand new project, creating a custom-named layout, and I had the same problem, so it's not just this project.  I must be missing something.

Any ideas?  Thanks!

I'm using RH 11.0.1.235

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there

Have you tried editing the rhlayout.apj so it has the proper names?

I'd also suggest filing a bug report.

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply.  I did edit the rhlayout.apj file, but it didn't help.  I'll file the bug report if I can't figure it out in the next few days.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp